Glass pane in bathroom door: bizarro?

It’s probably a door the cheapskate owners put in because it was cheap or free.

You should make the window in the shape of a moon, perhaps?

Oh, hell…just stick the toilet next to the couch in the living room. That way everyone will know for sure whether it’s occupied or not. :smiley:

Adam

They do that here in Japan sometimes. they’ll have have small window with frosted glass (really small, 2" sq) near the top of the door. Bathroom (actually toilet room, since these are usually kept separate) doors are kept closed, so people will knock or check the lock if they’re not sure. After getting used to this way, I started opening a closed, but unlocked, bathroon door at my sister’s place, only to hear a very histerical mother inside.

That shouldn’t be too hard to wire up. Do you want it to show occupied when the door is locked or just when it is closed?

If someone’s doing a poo, it’s not so much the visual aspect (hunched over, then straightening up to get a bit of extra leverage, then reaching out to get the toilet paper) that needs to be taken into consideration, but the aural aspect. If the glass panel lets more sound out than the average wooden door, then that could be embarrassing if the person having a poo hasn’t eaten enough roughage.

Doesn’t make me feel too weird. If people are looking too hard, well… yuck. That’s their problem, though, not mine. I gotta do what I gotta do. I might feel kind of weird if the bathroom is facing a big main room, though, like a dining room or a living room.

My dream 3/4 bathroom has a wooden door with frosted glass top to bottom. However, it would look more like this.
So all evil, nasty movements would be tucked around the corner, where no one would see.

And the shower would be made of some kind of stone, the walls would be wine with beadboard wainscoting, dim, pleasant lights, and the shower would just have glass instead of a door… ahhh.