God Dammit, Echo! Play what I want to hear!

(Also, call me “Master,” like I taught you, and not my daughter’s Prime nickname.)

I have Amazon Prime, and my Echo is programmed to take that into account. I also have Amazon unlimited music. The Manhattan Transfer album Vocalese is available on Amazon Music Unlimited. I have it queued up on my phone right now, and it will play the next time I get in my car.

SO WHY, WHEN I INSTRUCT MY ECHO TO PLAY THAT ALBUM, DOES THIS STUPID ROBOT IGNORE ME AND START PLAYING MANHATTAN TRANSFER’S GREATEST HITS???!!!???

Here is the answer to your question:
The Manhattan Transfer’s greatest hit was Tuxedo Junction.
Shall I play it for you?

Funnily enough, it just finished playing while you were posting. Right now, I’m being treated to Four Brothers.

And don’t misunderstand me, the greatest hits selections are terrific to listen to. But I’m in the mood to hear Killer Joe, Another Night in Tunisia, I Remember Clifford, Ray’s Rock House, Sing Joy Spring, Move, et al, right now.

You might have convinced yourself that you wanted Rachmaninoff, but you secretly want A Capella Pop-Doo-Wop, right NOW!

I struggle with Amazon Music trying to listen to Smashing Pumpkins as well. It plays me some weird version of an album, or stuff not even from the right band, sometimes crap I can’t stand. Like, I’m insulted you think I like that garbage.

That’s one reason why I gave up on my unlimited music subscription (or rather, chose not to extend it past the free trial).

Heh, and that is why when my old job had an Echo Dot sitting around, my most common command was, “Alexa, suck less!”