Gofundme mooches

No, I was just making fun of you. The fact of the matter is that you were addressing a person that deserved sympathy (or at least a bit more respect) for what she was going through. Instead, you decided to shit on her a little bit by telling her that cancer victims seemed to have some an overdeveloped sense of entitlement.

I don’t know if you picked up on it but I think that being a single mom is really FUCKING hard. I honestly used to be a real dick about single moms. I had the benefit of youth, money and large family to fall back on, then I had a kid and it seemed to consume all of those things to raise the kid.

I guess you can say “well no one told her to get pregnant and have a kid” but that’s also a little bit of a dickish attitude.

I thought I was explicitly hoping that you are never visited by the sort of trouble the OP is going through.

For most people that sentiment goes without saying; in your case I’d suggest embroidering it on a sampler.

It’s really too bad we don’t have a Wall of Douchbags here in the pit. I’m betting your name would have the most check marks by it.

Sadly, the old method of counting the Pit threads with their name in the title doesn’t work so well anymore due to weak or repeating threads.

You all leave the Heel alone, it’s probably that time of the month for him…you know, that time when his sister in law is trying to convince his in-laws to move upstate.

If you say so. I generally don’t get butthurt from “whoopings” on message boards, but hey, whatever makes you happy.

Yes, you are an asshole.

A callback to another thread.

Nice.

That’s MISTER Asshole to you, Mac.

Nitpicky.

Let’s say you’re right, for the sake of argument.

Even so, which is the more urgent thing that needs to be addressed?

Society should greatly prioritize those in desperate need. Even if they’re not 100 percent polite or courteous or likable or whatever nitpick we can assign to their behavior.

If this happened to me or my wife I’d be intolerable to be around because nothing would be more important to me than getting all the help possible to save the relationship we have.

Sometimes it’s worth putting up with behavior you wouldn’t otherwise. Nurses do it every day because patients aren’t in their best frame of mind enduring what they endure, and every health care worker who gives them the patience they require and the care they require in spite of that, are some of the most saintly people on the planet imo.

It’s not easy giving and caring for others, especially when they aren’t a massive bundle of grace and gratitude in return. But sometimes that’s just what we have to do in a society, for each other.

:dubious:

If any of the first responders to this are still paying attention, the mods gave me permission to post about my husband’s gofundme page over in MPSIMS.

Eta: not that it matters much, but I’m posting this from the hospita cafeteria, waiting for his latest procedure to finish. Great people here, but lousy food.

Ghost-bumping this and wishing you luck!