going off of caffeine

You and my physician can fight it out. When she asked if I had headaches, I told her I had them if I skipped having a soda at lunch. She’s the one who called it a migraine. Now, I have zero medical training, but I can tell you that there is no comparison between a garden variety headache and the wickedness that I suffer when I skip Pepsi.

Nomenclature aside, I do wonder why I set myself up for the inevitable withdrawal headache/migraine. There is absolutely nothing in Pepsi that is beneficial to my health. Yet I persist. I’m an idiot.

There was supposed to be a :wink: after the first paragraph.

I gave up caffeine cold turkey about a year ago. I’ve felt much better and have been measurably more productive since.

Marijuana has lots of health benefits, too. Just sayin’.

It may differ among people. I’ve had migraines and they’re much worse and different than quitting caffeine. Headaches from lack of caffeine don’t (for me at least) include nasuea and sensitivity to light and sound, they just hurt. But, maybe caffeine withdrawal coudl trigger a real migrain in some people.

Personally, if I were to quit again, I would taper. I only drink green tea and the occaisional soda now and I’ve noticed I can now go a day without caffeine without a headache. Much different from when I was a Vivarin addict…