good adventure/rpg PS3 games?

We just got a PS3 Slim and currently I’m playing Folklore. It’s pretty good, but I’m nearing the end, so I’ll want to buy a new game soon. I suck ass at first person shooter games but I love adventure/rpg games with random monsters and interesting storylines. Doesn’t have to be fantasy.

Any recs?

Not quite random monsters, but have you played the **Ratchet & Clank **games? They’re fantastic. Demon’s Souls is about as adventure/rpg as you can get, if you can handle to difficulty (it’s not Ninja Gaiden hard, but it does punish the lazy/sloppy player). Of course, there’s Fallout 3 and Oblivion. **Lair **is supposed to be a good game as well. I haven’t dug into the Assassin’s Creed story yet either, but it gets rave reviews. And for some reason, I also haven’t played a minute of either **Uncharted **games.

Those are my fav games too :slight_smile: I loved Fallout 3, Assassin’s Creed, and if it’s your cup of tea, I liked GTA 4 too.

Buy Fallout 3 and enjoy the ride. :slight_smile:

I got a PS3 five days ago that came w the game Infamous and that is all I’ve been playing. Third person sand-box game w good storyline, very cool graphics and neat powers for the good guy. Only come across one sort of bad guy so far though.

Thanks for the recs. :slight_smile: I’ll look out for the games mentioned… the annoying thing about living in Korea is that I have to order English versions of games off Ebay, so I tend to order stuff one at a time. Also, still not quite finished with Folkore. :smack:

You might try Dragon Age - I got it for xmas and it’s much like Fable 2 (which was also good (if a little fluffy) for a non-japanese rpg, but only for XBox).

I went out and bought Uncharted 2 and Dragon Age last night. Haven’t tried Uncharted 2 yet, but played about a half hour of Dragon Age. It reminds me a lot of NWN (I bought it without knowing anything about it other than “oooh shiny, Bioware”) except it’s rather slow going at the beginning.

Demon Souls and Assassin’s Creed are next on my list, although with the new games I bought I’ll be occupied for a few months at least.

On a side note, my boyfriend bought GTA4 and I’ve decided I’m not a fan of GTA.

Demon’s souls is very addicting, i haven’t been able to put it down since christmas.