Good news from on high.

Congratulations!!

You do realize there should be a Doper tradition with this phrase that has nothing to do with the normal meaning.

:smiley:

Thank you, Sergeant.

I appreciate your service to our Country.

Tris

I seem to recall a young, nervous lad slinking from one bar to the next in Fells Point, Baltimore, drinking up enough courage to head off to Basic.

Where does the time go?

Just chiming in with another “congratulations”! Best of luck with everything.

From an old Army Warrant Officer’s wife, congrats to you!

Hell, I remember before he even joined, some thread about fisticuffs with a co-worker…

Congrats, Doors!

Cool, I believe you can order me around and stuff now.

I’m not in the armed services or anything, this is just a personal favor to you.

I’d like to think that I grew up a bit. It’s for you to make the ultimate decision whether that’s true or not.

Thank you all for your kind words. I am genuinely humbled.

I’ve often thought about that, but I determined that my screen name was a legacy of both what I was and what I am. I am a bit reluctant to change it, given what has happened in the past and what is to come. No matter what I become, the members of the United States Air Force, officers and enlisted alike, are all airmen, and I am proud to identify myself among them.

That said, were I to make Chief Master Sergeant I would change my name. That will be about 20 years from now, though.

Congrats and thank you for your service!

I don’t know you personally but your post here makes me glad that I ‘know’ you in this small way. Congratulations on your promotion!

When I was in, TSgt was makeable at about the 10 year point if all went well. Have you really been in that long, or have things sped up recently?

Congratulations! Long as you’re still a noncom.

My sincerest thanks for your service, and congrats!

Congratulations!

…I won’t call you sir, I know you work for a living. :slight_smile:

I haven’t been visiting or posting to the SDMB very much lately, but good news like that deserves recognition.

Congrats to you, Technical Sergeant Doors. :slight_smile:

The Navy had a Chief of Naval Operations back in the 70’s, Adm. Elmo Zumwalt. He frequently referred to himself as a “sailor”. Very controversial fellow, made lots of changes, also made lots of enemies, but I always admired him, even if I didn’t always agree w/ him.

Congrats, TSgt Doors. Enjoy your party and have one on me. I don’t think anybody ever feels they deserve the promotion, but you do. Thank-you for your service.

SSG Schwartz

Bravo Zulu!