Good Omens 2 is coming (It is here and all episodes are available 2023-07-28) season 3 coming

So do you think there was any reason for the withered angel in a wheelchair? Some sort of permanent, unrepairable damage inflicted in angelic warfare, with the wheelchair being a metaphorical analogy visible to humans? Or just blind casting never intended to have an in-story explanation?

Maybe they just felt like casting Liz Carr. She’s a fine actress and a funny comedian.

Yes. Heaven is Inclusive.

Heaven is kind of shitty if you still need a wheelchair.

Why? Her chair can fly and the world rearranges itself to provide access whenever needed. It doesn’t represent a limitation, just a difference.

I just finished the series, and I admit Crowley professing romantic love for Aziraphale caught me off guard. I saw them as good friends, but we only experienced about 10 hours of their interactions. The two of them were together (and apart) for millenium. To be fair, they become much closer relatively recently. But with Nina and Maggie assuming they were a couple, and with Beelzabub and Gabriel hooking up, I’m sure it pushed Crowley into thinking about it. He’s always asking the important questions; Aziraphale is much more reactive and slow to accept. It was all happening too quickly for Aziraphale to absorb, maybe he’ll come around if given time. But Crowley may not forgive.

I enjoyed the series immensely. The grey areas explored with Job and the grave robbers were some of the best moral lessons I’ve seen on TV. I don’t think Aziraphale is stupid, but he clearly needs to work his way through things before he can accept something that contradicts his world view. Crowley acts the right demon but underneath he’s a softy. The opening scene, where he’s so excited about his creation shows what he really feels. He wants to be good, but he’s not a sheep.

Who’s he when he’s up and dressed?

He’s a UK comedian and writer who created and starred in one of nerd-dom’s favourite radio comedies, Cabin Pressure. Highly recommended!

Good call there, BTW.

Even a blind dog will find a rabbit every now and then. :smiley:

Just finished season 2. A complete mess. At best it feels like a half season, setting up the real plot in the second half.

The romantic ending was foreshadowed by all the parallel couples throughout the season. In fact, after the end I tried to think back to see if there were any friendships portrayed. None come to me. What a strange world to live in without friends. Only lovers and enemies.

Where there any indications that Gabriel and Beelzebub wanted to hook up and peace out, other than the last few minutes of the last episode?

Add me to the crowd. Both seemed to understand human sexuality was a “thing” after all in the original, but was so distant from their POV as to be almost meaningless. What was important to the two was the shared experiences, shared understanding, and a almost bemused wonderment at what humans could accomplish for good and ill.

I have no problems considering the two as partners - after all, they do their best work when the work together, but as for romance, while blatantly telegraphed throughout S2, I kept hoping and praying that it would all be a “psych!” moment where it was brought up and they both turned in unison and laughed their asses off.

Overall, I gave S2 a solid B, although until the final episode it was wavering between a B+ and an A-.

Sigh.

Here’s hoping for Season 3 or a book, and I very much want it to be Crawley recruiting Adam and his team in order to force both Heaven and Hell to stay away from Earth forever. And Az (B-side) realizing he’s in faaaar over his head and being used as a prop for the Metatron to distract everyone else in Heaven from his own agenda. Az then begins to (off-screen) feed info to Crawley’s team while on-screen seemingly flubbing things up in ways that aid the other side, with him explaining the whole thing at the very end.

I see Crawley and Az being in this ending literal the literal “good angel” and “bad angel” on the shoulders of humanity. Not making anyone do anything, but always being there to remind humans of their selfish and selfless selves, without putting a finger on the scales.

Sorry, I probably have spend far too much time thinking about this. :smile:

That’s exactly what it is.

Yes, it’s definitely a “middle of trilogy, ending on a cliffhanger” season.

Given that Gabriel didn’t remember any of it, there wouldn’t have been anything. Beelzebub was cagey throughout but that’s not unusual for a demon.

That said, the exposition dump in the last episode did suggest that they were drawn together for the same reason Aziraphale and Crowley were - despite being on opposite sides, they realized that they had more in common with each other than with the groups for which they were ostensibly working.

No, just enough. I agree with most everything you say. Their muddled friendship drove the first season in a good way. “We have a Forbidden Love” is a different character and plot driver.

Perhaps the answer is that angels learned about sexual love from humans, giving humans a special quality, a power, that the angels never had. That would be straight out of Doctor Who, where the humans play a special part in the universe. The series plays like a Who spinoff most of the time anyway; why not make it the center?

While this would be fine, although not my personal preference, I feel it’s lacking. Again, solidly IMHO, the strongest element of the original novel, which didn’t quite stand out as much in S1, is that it all boils down to “choice”. The angels and demons are so wrapped up in what they are (with the exception of our duo) that they never consider that they can do something -else-. And both sides of the conflict want Adam to do only what he was destined to do.

Adam, echoing the original, makes a choice, and because of that, destiny flies out a window. One of the nice parts about S2, Michael’s and Beel’s story, is that they too are making a choice, and that’s what I would want season 3 to be about. Not that humans are special, it’s that they were given, or always had a choice about what to be. And that Angels and Demons are so utterly clueless that they have the same choices but constantly defer to God and Satan’s roles for them.

I -think- this is being hinted at in the course of S2, or at least my hopes are causing me to read this into the material. Because we keep getting hints that Crawley is more important in the ineffable scheme than (especially?) the Metatron wants to acknowledge. He may well be the model of a modern major angel - question the directives from above while trying to act in a manner that is reasonably respectful of BOTH the created and creator.

Meh. We’ll see.

You know you now are obligated to come up with a whole song for us ….

Sorry, I am too musically inept, and refuse to ask an AI to help me out, one of the board’s musical talents will be along shortly I’m sure.

In S2, Ep. 4, there is a older guy walking through the rubble singing a drinking song about a farting contest. X-Ray showed him as “anon”, and some searching didn’t turn up who the actor was. Does anyone know? Seems fairly uncommon for an actor to not be named, which made me curious. TIA!

3rd and final season is a go.