Luggage
Bollocks
Serendipitous
Anthropomorphic
Methoxydimethylmethamphetamine
Trinitrotoluene
Bungled
Strassenbahnhaltestelle

Can anyone claim a more diverse selection?!

Wombat!

I had a pregnant patient once who, upon hearing she had chlamydia, say “what a beautiful name! I wanna call my little girl that.”

Very scary. We spent an hour trying to talk her out of it.

persnickety

gonads

Ooh…good one!

Maureen, I actually knew a “Plecenta” in high school. Some people are just plain crazy.

Funny. An ex-g.f.'s mother had a similar problem. She was a social worker, and one of the teen mothers she was checking up on wanted to name her daughter “Euthanasia”…because it sounded pretty. Attempts to dissuade the misguided mom only angered her, making her break off contact. Should ex-g.f.'s mom not have been sucessful, there’s a Euthanasia out there someplace.

My personal favorite is Shadenfreude..

And some day, I’ll learn to proofread. :smack: After coffee.

I’ll raise you all a floccinaucinihilipilification flocky-nocky-nihilly-pill-iffy-cation.

I kinda like perambulate and parsimonious. I tend to overuse “robust”, but that’s a good, meaty word, IMO. I’ve been complemented on experimental design that is robust despite parsimony. The beancounters love that.

incandescent
slurp
splash
snurf
scintillating
transcendent
intransigent
buttercream

Ooo, my favorite made-up word (but aren’t they all?) is “schmung”. I think it’s somehow the bastard child of “smegma” and “dung”, but I can’t be sure of the etymology. Anyhow, it means what it sounds like it means.

“Hey roomie: You mind cleaning the bathroom for a change? There’s like an inch-thick layer of schmung all over everything.”

ORGASM.

you have to say it slow with your eyes closed.

or…ga…smmmmmmm…

fellatio

antidisestablishmentarianismist

malfeasance
granulated
loquatious
matriculated
facetious
tempramental

Should we find her and put her out of her misery?

evisceration has to be one of my favourite words of all time.

Ubiquitous. That’s the one I was going to say. It’s everywhere.

Oligopoly. My teacher was a crazy fellow who used to pronounce it “oh-lee-goh-poh-lee” because he wanted to embarass us in future econ classes. I find the way he says it hilarious and have decided to always pronounce it that way outside of the classroom.