Goodie bag from the dentist.

There’s some serious Dental Bag One-Upsmanship going on in this thread, and I’m getting a case of “Dental Bag Envy”. Mine only contained a little tiny Glide floss, Sensadyne toothpaste,and a purple toothbrush.

is time moving by at a different rate for you? :confused:
and I TOTALLY have the envy, I’m lucky when I get both a toothbrush and a travel sized floss…

This thread reminds me I need to schedule my cleaning. My dentist gives out a travel zipper bag with Colgate toothpaste, an Oral-B toothbrush (I get to choose what color!) and some floss. Sometimes they have a bowl at the checkout desk with more toothpaste in it, and we can help ourselves.

I’m truly spoiled. Not only does my dentist give out a bag that contains a quality toothbrush, travel-sized toothpaste, all the dental picks and floss you’d like, a floss holder, and a tongue scraper, he has a treasure chest you can pick something from when you’re on your way out the door! You have to be shameless enough to actually DO it, since it was obviously originally intended as a treat for small children, but there are enough adults who indulge that they stock hand lotion, sewing kits, and other grown-up treats along with the styrofoam airplanes and plastic cars. I wuv my dentist.

We never get gum, though. My dentist is firmly anti-gum.

After reading this thread, I am disgruntled with the severely lacking contents of my goodie bag!

It’s a joke. Think Austin Powers.

I always ask for a purple toothbrush, sometimes they have them, sometimes they don’t. And my dentist has a candy bowl at the checkout…some candy is sugar free, while other candy has sugar in it. It’s usually stuff like hard candy disks, or Hershey’s Kisses, or Jolly Ranchers.

Lots of Sorbitol candy.

Wait, I think it’s just sugar free gum. That sorbitol really gets things moving.

Seriously, for 160 bucks for a cleaning, at least a full size floss would be good. Floss is expensive, and I hate flossing, so Jamie should hook me up. I guess I could ask in five years.

There was also the time I mentioned that I floss whenever I remember (at my desk at work, in waiting rooms, in front of the tv, in bed, etc.).

The hygenist gave me five full size flosses so I could restock all my floss locations!