How often do you go to the dentist?

Title says it all.

Me, every year, or 18 months. It usually doesn’t get to be 2 years. I am extra-careful with my teeth in between-times, so I can (sort-of) justify not going too often.

How often do you go?

I have adequate dental insurance that covers twice yearly cleanings, once a year X-rays. I go twice a year like clockwork. I still take good care of my teeth - brush twice a day and floss every day! I am 40 years old and have never had a cavity.

I have adequate dental insurance that covers twice yearly cleanings, once a year X-rays. I go twice a year like clockwork. I still take good care of my teeth - brush three times a day and floss almost every day! I am 35 years old and have never had a cavity.

(With apologies to Glory. My changes are in bold.) :slight_smile:

Every 4 months for cleaning, annually for a quick exam. I’ve had my share of cavities in my past, but none recently (my teeth remain in pretty good shape) and my dental insurance is good.

Insurance covers two cleanings a yr, so I use it. there was a stretch for 3 years where I didn’t go, but the good brushing and flossing habits meant just a lot of extra tartar scraping the next time. And that was a great reminder as to why I should go regularly.

I used to go for cleanings twice a year (paid by the dental insurance), but the dentist now has me going every four months (one of which I have to pay for each year). Something about being 62 and “let’s keep things going well as long as we can”.

(I don’t complain because four-month cleanings are a lot easier pain/griefwise than six-month cleanings.)

Twice a year for a clean/check up, unless further work is required.

Every 6 months.

Every six months, regularly. Except once I had to cancel at the last minute, and ended up going almost a year before rescheduling. But usually I make my next appointment before I leave the office so they’re pretty regular.

Every 6 months. I usually only brush my teeth once a day and rarely floss, but I’ve yet to have a cavity except for one caused by a crooked wisdom tooth.

Twice a year, for cleanings and checkup. My cleanings are quick and easy. I brush my teeth twice a day but I think the best habit I ever picked up was using rotapicks on my teeth. I keep them handy and use them instead of flossing.

I’ve had my share of cavities in the past and have three crowns; but for the last fifteen years or so things have been stable.

Every 6 months to the regular dentist for cleanings. Every 6 weeks for the past 2 years to the orthodontist for adjustments.

Every six months for cleaning, once a year x-rays. I wish I could say this has been my pattern all my life; the early years of neglect effed up my teeth a bit. I brush usually once a day and floss every day. I’ve come to learn that going to the dentist is no big deal if you do it regularly.

Every six months. That’s what my insurance covers.

I have a friend who had to go every three months for a while after not having gone for years and getting early gum disease, but that was only until it was cleared up.

Every six months for cleaning, and even then the dental asst has to stand on my chest and use a 90 pound jackhammer for an hour to get the plaque off. It’s a genetic thing. My wife could go once a decade and they would use a feather duster on her for 30 seconds.

I don’t. If I had insurance, I might go more often than never, but not much.

Once a year.

Every six months, to my orthodontist who also does dental checkups. I get my teeth cleaned and my jaw checked on at the same time.

I stopped going to the dentist when I was about 21 or so. I went back once when I was in my late 30s because a filling had fallen out and the inside of the tooth decayed to the point where they could have done a root canal, but the tooth would have probably just broken later. I just had them pull the tooth.

I hadn’t been to the dentist in close to 20 years by that point, but I had no cavities and no other problems with my teeth. I am in my mid 40s now and haven’t been back since. The only cavities I have ever had were when I was in my teens and I wasn’t taking care of my teeth.

Every 6 months for a cleaning and checkup.