Goofing off at work

Grace & Dry: (to shamelessly steal another poster’s great line)- Get a room!

First you bitched about our flirting in the pit and now you’re bitching about it here. Amazingly enough, you even managed to do it within a few minutes of each other. Did you follow us here so you can get in another little dig? Get a life!!

Look out, Danielinthewolvesden, as the song goes:

“(Grace’s) boyfriend’s back and you’re gonna be sorry…
hey la, hey la, (her) boyfriend’s back” (see, I don’t always quote Shakespeare)

Fortunately, I’m in a somewhat better mood than Grace…

Grace, don’t be so hard on him. Especially that part about following us around. It’s because of you following me around that we got together. Kiss, kiss.

Anyway, I not only have no time to fool around on the job lately, I’ve had to work a lot of overtime. (Which is why I didn’t even get on the boards until after 1am this morning)

I seriously dislike my job right about now. :frowning:

You know I was in a good mood before I read that topic in the pit. I thought it was light-hearted and fun. Even when others went in to the topic and said stuff. I knew it was all in fun or at least not mean-spirited.

But once I apologized for flirting there (even though I know you don’t agree) and moved on, you be certain I’m gonna get ticked when someone scolds me. Especially when I apologized the day before! If he’d taken the time to read the rest of the topic, even skimming past those sig lines he hates so much, he would’ve seen that I apologized. If he’s gonna miss (or skip past) an important part of the topic, your damn right I’m gonna say something.

Once I read that post in the Pit and then saw another comment here, well I just got really angry. Let’s just blame it on my Spanish temper.

To quote Charlie Sheen (Richard “Dick” Brewer) from Young Guns “That’s a fargon lie and you know it!” I wasn’t following you around. It just seemed that way. :smiley: Besides, if I hadn’t said something you might have never noticed me and who would you’ve flirted with then?

I don’t need to goof off at work.
I’m a highway flagman this summer.
I’m paid to stand around.

My job is basically telling somebody to go tell somebody else to press buttons on a machine . So I have lots of goofing off time and like a lot of previous posters I spend a great deal of it here. I also usually blow a couple of hours walking around talking to anybody I meet on the production floor . I’m thinking of putting Lemmings on my comp. but I think that would get me sacked for not doing any work .

I don’t think what we did was that big a deal because the pit is basically anything goes, as far as I’m concerned (with the exception of really ugly personal/racist stuff, etc). If you think about it, Aha’s original thread isn’t really Pit material: it’s not flaming, it doesn’t really have to do with complaints, or administration or the SDMB. (I suppose you could say that Aha’s complaining that he hasn’t been welcomed, but that’s really pushing it)
I don’t really think anyone should have been really put out or offended by our hijack.

I agree that Dan should have noticed that you had apologized before. I also think that to the extent he wanted to complain, good naturedly or not, it’s more apropos to do it in the pit thread, than this one.
But it’s no big thing to me, though. ::shrug::
And I LOOVE your Spanish temper. :slight_smile:

To quote Charlie Sheen (Richard “Dick” Brewer) from Young Guns “That’s a fargon lie and you know it!” I wasn’t following you around. It just seemed that way. :smiley: Besides, if I hadn’t said something you might have never noticed me and who would you’ve flirted with then?
[/QUOTE]

Do I have to pull up your own quote? (Like I’m throughly unfamiliar with searching and quoting…) :wink:

Oh, I appreciate your saying something, but I might have noticed you eventually. And I like to think I’d have found someone to flirt with–they just wouldn’t be as cute as you!

“Then come kiss me, sweet and twenty” :slight_smile:
–Twelfth Night, Act 2, scene iii

Ahem…to bring this thread back on topic, after reading SteelToes’ and yojimbo’s posts, I’m convinced ALL of you have better jobs than me. :mad:

All Dry-humping aside…

In terms of work to money ratio, I have the best job in the world. I work evenings, babysitting a computer system during the actual work shift. I usually work 30-40 hours a week, and do maybe an hour’s worth of actual work. There are so many good things about this:

1. My immediate supervisor is gone every day by the time I get here. He was hired recently, so I have never spoken to the man. His total communication to me consists of forwarding one, count 'em, one email to me.
  2. His boss, who I do see, is fully aware of how little I work and is great with it. He created my position and told me when he hired me that it was purely for show.
  3. Nobody who is here when I am knows what I do.
  4. We have a high-speed internet connection.
  5. They pay me an ungodly amount of money, considering what I contribute.

My only complaint is that my computer is too old to play the really good games. And I could use new speakers. But even I have trouble justifying anything like that.

As for specifics, well, I’m proud to say I’ve only fallen asleep once. I regularly spend hours upon hours here. I play games, find ways around the mp3 block they installed on our web server, and just generally screw around. During school, work is a planned- and depended-upon time for homework and studying.

Frankly, I could give a better answer if I had been asked what I do that’s productive at work.

ahh, yes.

Another (why isn’t it a nother? it’s a little and a lot. oh wait that’s another thread) flex friday when I’m the only one here; maybe I’ll go home early, no, wait all the fucking managers are here too…fucking figures :mad:

::back to fucking the dog::

Sometimes, to occupy my time wasted at work, I try to see how many threads I can be the most recent poster on in a row. Currently, I am at 7.

Plus, it keeps me typing like a maniac, so everyone around thinks I’m very busy.

you would’ve had more…but i muffed you up :stuck_out_tongue:

We play wiffle ball in the back room.

You’d be supprised how well quake runs on a Dell poweredge Quad server.

Once there was this time where I posted on 12 threads in a row…oh wait. That was today :slight_smile:

That beat’s Mr. Cynical by 5 baby.

::does the 'can you feel it? hugh, hugh, hugh Jim Carey thing::

Geez–and you guys were complaining that I was flirting with Grace, huh?? :confused:

recently ive become addicted to playing “tri peaks solitaire” on iwin.com. i dont know why but i have this craving to continually play that game until i get all the possible iCoins for the day. and then i put all my iCoins and things i want so badly yet i know that most likely i will not get anything there. damn you! damn you tri peaks solitaire!!!