Goofy Reponses to the Election Results

Alright folks,

I’ve heard anecdotal stories of some peoples response to the election results. What I want to do is come up with a list of the real winners (or losers).

So how about it, who went right over the top, who celebrated a little too much, who cried in their beer, who just plain made a darn fool of themselves.

Here’s one to start it off. Although I don’t suppose this one is much of a surprise.

I like Stephen Colbert’s reaction.

I don’t remember the exact quote, but when the Dems first took control of the House, some woman who was running for a seat there celebrated, proclaiming that they were going to put Bush on trial before the International War Crimes Tribunal, or someone like that. Turns out she lost to the Republican incumbent :stuck_out_tongue: And in any event, the Democratic leaders all seem to be saying that no one is seriously talking about impeachment, because it’s time for bipartisan cooperation yadda yadda yadda.

Maybe they’ll start by locking up Ann Coulter.

I remember back in 1994 when Dan Rather was blabbering on about the “hissy fit” the American people had and how they “acted like children”. It was beautiful to behold.

What goes around, comes around…

Courtesy of Autumn Almanac, who recounts this comment in response to the Missouri stem cell bill’s passage:

Anecdotally, I was told of a blogger who was dismayed enough to say of Tuesday : ‘I can’t think of a worse day, except 9/11.’

And here’s the link to the original source of the quote, which I was slightly off about.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1734539/replies?c=4

“This is a truly disgusting night. Outside of 9-11, I cannot think of a worse day.
I really want to hurt somebody.”

How about this thread?
No hacked Diebold machines. Surprised?

What was it? I’m still laughing from him calling himself America and saying the “south” was swinging right because it is bush country.

Now it all makes perfect sense.