Google ads finally pay off - the Columbian Exposition

I was wandering through a thread and came to the Google ad at the bottom, advertising America Comes of Age, featuring the Johnstown flood, Gettysburg and the Columbian Exposition.. I’d just finished reading The Devil in the White City: Murder, Magic, and Madness at the Fair that Changed America, an amazing book about the Chicago World’s Fair and the serial killer that used it as a part of his spree. What an amazing book! I read it faster than any non-fiction I’ve read in a long time. I like the author’s voice, it very neatly fit with the atmosphere of the late 19th century. He was very good at creating atmosphere, and I had to force myself to not look ahead in the book to see what the mysterious device that “out-Eiffeled Eiffel” was (although it’s promanently featured in the ad for the DVD, so you’ll be spoiled when you see the ad). I had no idea there was a documentary on the fair, read by Gene Wilder, no less! Now I’m all antsy, waiting for the DVD to show up at my door! Thank you, Google ads!

Followed by the weidest freakin’ assortment of ads imaginable - tensioners, actuators an V-Belts? Hah?

Thank you for mention this.

I just went to my library’s online catalog, & they have copies.

One should be arriving at my local branch for me, soon.

Thanks for nothing, singular1. I had just about, ALMOST totally kicked my World’s Fair addiction. Swine!

:smiley:

hh

NOBODY expects the Columbian Exposition!