Google Pop-Up Blocker vs. The Drudge Report

I just rebooted my system and still no pop-ups on any of those sites. All I’ve got is the google tool bar. Maybe 2.0.111 was a very recent update and fixed the problem.

Thanks to everyone who replied. Interesting stuff.

I did the pop-up test, and also scored 85, but I have the same setup as Fear Itself, so that isn’t surprising. My results were, “Modeless dialog blocking = Failed” and “User-launched Delayed-method popup allowing = Failed”. Everything else passed. Drudge still has a pop-up for me.

I didn’t know that the Google Tool Bar updates itself. No wonder I couldn’t find a way to update it. Good job, Google. You outsmarted me.

Mozilla Firefox 0.8. 100% score.

Mozilla 1.7a RC2 - 95%

Just out of interest, I tried it out on plain IE6 - 35% :rolleyes:

Google Pop Up Blocker alone 100%

2.0.111 is the version by the way.

And now I know what De parvis grandis acervus erit means. :wink:

I’m running Opera 7.5, a firewall, and using Proxomitron as my pop up blocker and I couldn’t even get the tests in Fear’s link to run. :smiley: No pop ups at Drudge’s site, either.

I’m running Opera 7.5, a Linksys Router, I have no spyware on my computer, and I got a 45% :confused: ?
This is weird because I never get pop-ups in Opera. I ran IE with Google toolbar at work and got probably 2 or 3 popups a day.

Yeah, I think the site’s got it’s stuff screwed up since I’ve got nearly the same set up (minus the router) and I couldn’t even get the tests to run, even though I’ve got Opera set to accept all pop ups and I’ve set Proxomitron to kill popups. You’d think that the site would be able to figure all that out since it recommends Proxomitron on one of it’s tests.

I agree … the test site is screwy… I also run a router and have no spyware, I got 60%, I run “Another IE Popup Killer” and I never get popups on Drudge or anywhere else!

Test score aside, did you get the pop ups on the test site? If so, I’d say that is the proof of the pudding, and Opera isn’t as bullet proof as you would like to believe.

No, I never got any popups at the test site.