Google's Project Fi Cell phone service

Just wondering if anyone is using this service and what your experiences with it are. I currently have TMobile and over all and satisfied with it and my coverage. Google has just opened it up to anyone and are having a big sale on the Nexus 5X.

The one drawback is that they only offer if for Nexus, but since I am an Android user, it’s not a problem for me.

I have it and I love it so far. I haven’t had any issues with coverage (outside of the fact that I’m in a complete deadzone. Only Verizon has coverage where I live. Luckily, wifi calling works awesome).

With Verizon I had a 2gb plan for 75 dollars a month, despite the fact that some months I’d only use half a gig of data. Last month I used half a gig and my bill came out to 35 dollars, counting insurance and taxes.
I’m very happy with it. I have the 6P and I love the size and the fingerprint reader to unlock my phone.

I have the Nexus 5x and have had Google Fi for about 6 weeks or so. I too live in an area where the only good cell coverage is through Verizon.

The two minuses I have discovered are the battery life on the phone and crappy call quality when trying to participate in a teleconference from home (I am guessing it was trying to use WiFi). If I leave the phone on all the time I will need to charge it almost every day. With the teleconference, the sound quality was poor and the call was dropped after a few minutes. Luckily for me I have alternatives, so not a real big deal for me, but if this would be your only phone and you live in a spotty cell coverage area, something to consider.

I can’t complain about the price, for sure, I like only paying for the data I use. This month’s bill was only $23. And I like everything else about the phone itself.

I’ve had it since October. Very happy with it. Bills are running $30/month. service works great for me, on cell networks and wifi.