GOP Wants to Cut Tsunami Warning Center

So, would be deep cuts and could be furloughs and closures. We all straight now?

Man, is this going to cause waves in the scientific community.

Shake them up for sure.

Cut

to penetrate with or as if with a sharp-edged instrument or object: He cut his finger.
to divide with or as if with a sharp-edged instrument; sever; carve: to cut a rope.
to detach with or as if with a sharp-edged instrument; separate from the main body; lop off: to cut a slice from a loaf of bread.
to hew or saw down; fell: to cut timber.
to trim by clipping, shearing, paring, or pruning: to cut hair.
to mow; reap; harvest: to cut grain.
to abridge or shorten; edit by omitting a part or parts: to cut a speech.
to lower, reduce, diminish, or curtail (sometimes followed by down ): to cut prices.
to dilute; make less thick: to cut wine.
to dissolve: That detergent cuts grease effectively.
to intersect; cross: One line cuts another at right angles.
Informal . to cease; discontinue (often followed by out ): Cut the kidding. Let’s cut out the pretense.

I used it as in definition 5 (or 7, 8, and 9), not like the informal 12.

It’s a fine use of the term, so go fuck yourself.

Tsunamis can not happen in America. We are special and god is on our side. Why spend money on something we will never need?

These are going to be the same cuts and furloughs that hit the National Oceanic Services, the people who make the nautical charts and help place the tsunami buoys. You know the charts that are critical to navigation. They are both apart of the Department of Commerce

It’s also the same cuts that will affect the FAA charting branch, the branch that makes sure planes don’t fall out of the sky.

The only reason this union rep has said anything is because there was the massive tsunami the other day. If a plane fell out of the sky I’m sure my union rep would be saying something too.

Yes! I have been saying for so long that if someone can’t afford to be subjected to natural disasters, they should just leave Earth!

Glad to know there is someone else on my side.

Well, to be honest I don’t think the charting branch actually keeps planes from falling out of the sky.

They do, however, make sure planes don’t fly into the sides of mountains or clip tall broadcast towers. A minor distinction, to be sure, and the outcome is definitely the same.

Pilots can take care of that themselves. If they see mountain goats, they’re too low.

Shhhh… I’m trying to keep my job dammit.

Anyone else remember when Reagan cut spending by firing IRS agents, who of course would have increased revenue? Cutting off your nose to spite your face has a long history among conservatives.

The obvious solution to tsunamis is to make sure the entire coastline is 50 foot cliffs.

Not always:

:eek:

Holy Hell

Yeah, but most pilots only make that mistake once.

Whoa, surf’s up, dude.

Damn…is there a union rep for planes flying into tsunamis?