Great comedic Bad Guys

Actually, it was “my only weakness.”

A reboot of a line Thesiger originated in the role of Horace Femm in The Old Dark House (1932). “Will you have some gin?..it is my only weakness.”

“It’s only gin, you know. I like gin.”

“Have a potato.”

Come to think of it, nearly all the characters in The Old Dark House were great comedic bad guys.

Lex Luthor as played by Gene Hackman.

“It’s not that I don’t trust you Otis but…I don’t trust you Otis, what did you do?”

Klang had his moments, but Bhuta deserves a mention too. :wink:

Judge Elihu Smalls, Caddyshack
Lord Ilpalazzo, Excel Saga
The Mooninites, Aqua Teen Hunger Force

I rather liked the Pengiun in “Batman Returns”

“You’re just jealous because I’m a genuine freak and you have to wear a mask.”

The Penguin: By the way, how’s Fred Atkins, your old partner?
Maximillian ‘Max’ Shreck: Fred? I believe he’s… on extended vacation. He’s good.
The Penguin: Good?
[Penguin takes out a severed hand]
The Penguin: Hi, Max! Remember me? I’m Fred’s hand! You wanna greet any other body parts? Remember, Max. You flush it. I flaunt it.

Penguin: What if I said I had proof you own half the firetraps in Gotham city?
Max Shreck: That’s not an admission. Besides, if there were such documents, I would have had them shredded.
Pengiun pulls out a crumbled wad of shredded paper held together by scotch tape
Pengiun: A little tape and a lot of patience goes a long way.

I know I mangled that qoute.

[Otis overlays map with new map]
Lex Luthor: Costa Del Lex. Luthorville. Marina del Lex. Otisburg… Otisburg?
Otis: Miss Tessmacher, she’s got her own place.
Lex Luthor: Otisburg?
Otis: It’s a little bitty place.
Lex Luthor: [Angrily] Otisburg?
Otis: Okay, I’ll just wipe it off, that’s all. Just a little town.

Lex Luthor: [to Otis] You were followed again.
[Otis spins around, knocking over a lamp]
Lex Luthor: …in spite of those catlike reflexes.

“We all have our little faults. Mine is in California.”
“But my Grandmother lives in Hackensack!”
::looks at watch, shakes head::

In Superman II, right after the three kryptonian supervillains dramatically smash their way into the Daily Planet offices…

Lex: Intellectually superior race, my ass. When are these yo-yo’s going to learn how to use a door-knob??
Somehow, thoughts of Lex Luthor put me in mind of the Brain from “Pinky & the Brain” (I guess it’s their similarly smooth, shiny heads).

Pinky: What are you planning to do, huh? What? What?

Brain: To rule the world!

Count Olaf in A Series of Unfortunate Events – "All that I ask is that you do every little thing that pops into my head, while I enjoy the enormous fortune your parents left behind. "

The Danbys in Support Your Local Sheriff – though most of the humor is visual: Bruce Dern’s face when he sees the paint on the floor;

Walter Brennan’s reaction when James Garner sticks his finger into Brennan’s gun, which led to this:

Pa Danby: If that gun had gone off, it would of blowed up in my face.
Jason McCullough: Well, it wouldn’t have done my finger a lot of good either, would it?

Pa Danby: Now I’m going to take a little trip tomorrow and I want you to behave yourselves while I’m gone. I don’t want anyone to make no martyr out of this here sheriff.
Tom Danby: What’s a martyr?
Pa Danby: Oh, I’m sorry. They didn’t use words like that in third grade, did they?
Tom Danby: Well, how would I know? I didn’t get that far!

Mrs. Tweedy in Chicken Run: “It’s a pie machine, you idiot. Chickens go in, pies come out.”

My favorite comic villain is Vizzini, from The Princess Bride, played by the incomparable Wallace Shawn. “Inconceivable!”

The Incomparible Alan Rickman in Robin Hood: Prince of Theives:

“I’ll cut out his heart with a spoon.”
And naturally, as Hans Gruber

" Nice suit. John Phillips, London. I have two myself. Rumor has it Arafat buys his there. "

and my favorite of the Die Hard Series:

Hans Gruber: "The following people are to be released from their captors : In Northern Ireland, the seven members of the New Provo Front. In Canada, the five imprisoned leaders of Liberte de Quebec… In Sri Lanka, the nine members of the Asian Dawn movement…

Karl: Asian Dawn Movement?

Hans: I read about them in Time magazine

Col. Erhardt in “To Be or Not To Be”–both Sig Rumann in the original and Charles Durning in the Mel Brooks version.[ul]
[li]“So ,they call me Concentration Camp Erhardt, hmm?”[/li][/ul] And, while we’re mentioning Charles Durning, how about Doc Hopper in “The Muppet Movie”?

Sigfried (Bernie Kopel) from Get Smart: “So, Schmart, ve meet again”
The Evil John Worfen (John Lithgow) from Buckaroo Banzai: Laugha while you can a Monkey boy!" and really too many more to recount here or anywhere.
Goddam from Bored of the Rings (no quotes, but just his presence and the general humor of it all – especially his demise)
Harcourt Fenton “Harry” Mudd (Roger Carmel) from Star Trek: “I provide a service!”
Dirk Blackpool (Duncan Regher) from Wizards and Warriors: After cutting the line holding the heroes sidekick and sending him plummetting into a bottomless pit. (smarmy smile) “Hi.”
Endora (Agnes Moorehead) from Bewitched: “Honestly Samantha, I don’t know what you see in this Derwood.”
Clang (Leo McKern) Help! :“Psst. Hey Be-ah-tul, over here.”
Simon BarSinster (Allen Swift) from Underdog. “Simon Says, ‘Dry up!’ Ya-ha-ha-ha”

I know I’ll think of more

Iago as played by Ken Branagh.
I love watching him mess with Cassio’s head.

How 'bout Ed Rooney from “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off”? I can’t even think of which quote sums him up the best, maybe “Your ass is mine.” The best Rooney moment was at the end of the movie, though, when he got on the school bus. Oh yeah.

Alan Rickman as The Sherriff of Nottingham in that horrible Kevin Costner version of “Robin Hood”.

Unintentionally of course.

He was still a stitch tho.

Sam Rockwell’s character (“Knox”?) in the Charlie’s Angels movie. No quotes, just a very fond recollection of that crazy dance he did with the red sunglasses.

Paul Reubens in Buffy the Vampire Slayer. His death scene. (Sorry–Nothing very quotable there.)

Edmund Blackadder, particularly from the second series.

-Joe

The jailbird brothers, from Raising Arizona:

“We was released on our own recognizance.”
“We decided the institution didn’t have anything more to offer us.”

A second for Hans Gruber:

Holly Gennero McClane: After all your posturing, all your speeches, you’re nothing but a common thief.

Hans Gruber: I am an exceptional thief, Mrs. McClane. And since I’m moving up to kidnapping, you should be more polite.

Comedic, and totally cool.

Waste