Great Movie Tag Lines

You don’t seem to get the same standard of catchy movie tag lines any more. Some of my favourites:

“She Was Marked With The Curse Of Those Who Slink And Court And Kill By Night!” Cat People
“The story of a man who was too proud to run.” High Noon **
“Don’t go in the water.” Jaws
“They’ll never get caught. They’re on a mission from God.” The Blues Brothers
“He is afraid. He is alone. He is three million light years from home.” ** E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial

“They’re young…they’re in love…and they kill people.” **Bonnie and Clyde **
“A man went looking for America and couldn’t find it anywhere!” Easy Rider
“In 1959 a lot of people were killing time. Kit and Holly were killing people.” Badlands
“Does for rock and roll what “The Sound of Music” did for hills.” This is Spinal Tap
“One Man’s Struggle To Take It Easy.” **Ferris Bueller’s Day Off **
“Houston, we have a problem” **Apollo 13 **

but for mine the all time winner:

“They Had Absolutely Nothing. But They Were Willing To Risk It All.” The Commitments

Any you recall?

“Sets the Cinema Back 800 Years” – Monty Python and the Holy Grail

“In space no one can hear you scream.” The movie sucked rocks, but the tagline was brilliant.

“Gable’s back and Garson’s got him.” – Just great, even if the movie (Adventure) was mediocre.

“The Birds is coming.” – Another classic. Memoriable – and grammatically correct.

“No One … BUT NO ONE … Will Be Admitted To The Theatre After The Start Of Each Performance” – Hitchcock was a great marketer; this was essential for Psycho to avoid giving away the surprise, but probably worked very well.

“Trapped In Time. Surrounded By Evil. Low On Gas.” – Army of Darkness.

“T2” “This Time He’s Back For Good”
Establishes the tie to the original (I’ll be back) and tells us vaguely that he’s a good guy in the one.

Mamet’s “Spartan” “She’s missing.” Freaking brillant because it tells you everything and nothing at all.

I agree that this is probably the best tagline ever, and I didsagree that the movie sucked rocks.

The Madness of King George - His Majesty was all powerful and all knowing. But he wasn’t quite all there.

Terminator 2: Judgment Day. “It’s nothing personal” (over a picture of the leather-clad, well-armed Ah-nuld on a motorcycle, staring impassively at the camera).

Was it Poltergeist that had “Be afraid. Be very afraid”? It was so good, it quickly became a cliche.

I believe that was The Fly.
Just Because They Serve You… Doesn’t Mean They Like You. - Clerks

I’m fond of one of the other taglines used for this film: “Makes Ben-Hur Look Like An Epic!”

“You will believe a man can fly”- Superman

“You’ll laugh. You’ll cry. You’ll hurl.” (Wayne’s World)

“History’s about to be rewritten by two guys who can’t even spell.” – Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure

“On the air. Unaware.” - The Truman Show.
“Check in. Relax. Take a Shower.” - Psycho remake (possible the best one ever, though the remake sucked)

Predator II: “He’s in town with a few days to kill.” Mediocre sequel, brilliant tagline.

Brand new one:
“Everything is not going to be okay.” A Scanner Darkly

“Just when you thought it was safe to go back into the water” was pretty evocative for Jaws 2

The one I really liked, though, was: Jaws 3 “People, 0”

Reminds me of someone who said "The Madness of King George III? - I’m not going to see it, I havn’t see I or II so I won’t understand the plot…

“If adventure has a name… it must be Indiana Jones.” - Temple of Doom, I believe
“65 million years in the making.” - Jurassic Park
“Does for rock n’ roll what The Sound of Music did for hills.” - This is Spinal Tap
“Sometimes you go halfway around the world to come full circle.” - Lost in Translation

[QUOTE=RealityChuck]
“In space no one can hear you scream.” The movie sucked rocks, but the tagline was brilliant.

“…unless it’s the battle-cry of the United States Marines!” :smiley:

Sorry, that’s what comes to mind when I hear the first part of that quote. :slight_smile:

“Can’t Stop The Signal” –Serenity

“A Long Time Ago In A Galaxy Far, Far Away…” –Star Wars

“To Boldly Go Where No Man Has Gone Before” –Star Trek (OK, so this one isn’t strictly a tagline for a movie…)

“One ring to rule them all, One ring to find them, One ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them” –Lord of the Rings

Six men, full moon, no hope-Dog Soldiers