greatest entrances in movie history

The definition of “entrance” is is an appearance of a character in a movie that has an immediate impact, and it is the first time you see the character. Examples-

Rita Hayworth in Gilda. The first time you see her is a close-up with her throwing back her hair. Orson Wells in The Third Man, appearing out of the shadows.
In the Peter O’Toole thread, which lead to this, What Exit mentioned these-

*On the Gilda scale I would include Honeychile Rider in Dr. No, Jinx (Halle Berry) in Die Another Day and Jessica Rabbit in Who Framed Roger Rabbit

Willy Wonka and his tumble has to make the list as does Quint and his finger nails in Jaws.*

And re Peter O’Toole, in the Stunt Man, in the opening scene on the bridge when the helicopter comes down.

Not O’Toole’s entrance, but Omar Sharif’s first appearance in Lawrence of Arabia is one of the most suspenseful in movie history. It takes several minutes.

These are common in James Bond movies.

I came in here to mention Willy Wonka, but I see the OP has already included him.

Good answer!

Alice Krige as the Borg Queen in First Contact.

This site tends to be SF-heavy, so I tried to think of a non-SF reference to say before Darth Vader, but I’m not thinking of it quickly, so Darth Vader.

I forgot a rule. No aliens, monsters. Humans only

Christopher Lloyd, exiting a DeLorean with crazy eyes but Albert Einstein’s hair.

I’ve always loved Kenneth Branagh’s entrance as Henry V. Great use of light and shadow, that very tall door, the way all the proud and powerful English lords and nobles bow their heads as the King walks past, and of course the wonderful Patrick Doyle score.

Indiana Jones in Raiders. No dialogue. You see him from behind and in profile, but don’t see his face until he uses his bullwhip and then steps into the light.

Patton.

George C. Scott in Patton

ETA: Curses, ninja’d! I’ll get you for this Robot Arm!

Great choice.

How about Harmonica (Charles Bronson) in Once Upon a Time in the West.

Khan’s unveilingin The Wrath of Khan.

Rosalind Russel sweeps down the staircase in Auntie Mame.

Whelp, glad I previewed before posting. Darren Garrison said Darth Vader already, and it was quickly disallowed.
What about animated characters? Say for instance the introductory scene of Taarna the Taarakian in Heavy Metal(human, parallel universe)

“Well, that’s funny, because I happen to have Mister McLuhan right here!”

(“I heard what you were saying; you know nothing of my work!”)

Orson Welles inThe Third Man.

Tim Curry in The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Darn it. Barad-dur got a better entrance than most humans ever get.

what the hell, anything is allowed.

Marlon Brando in Apocalypse Now.