Greatest Father/Son combos in movies and TV

I just popped on to say Berry and Gardner as Rocky and Rockford in “The Rockford Files”

Personally I thought the son most like Ben was Adam – and Adam was always my favorite.

I thought Lucas and Mark McCain were a great team.

Sarek and Spock were interesting.

I just came in here to mention them. Angel and Darla, a good vampire and an evil one, had sex, and the inconceivable happened (no pun intended): she got pregnant with his child, fulfilling part of the ancient Shanshu prophecy. Darla committed suicide by staking herself through the heart, causing Connor’s immediate birth. While Connor was still an infant, Angel’s arch enemy Holtz kidnapped him and spirited him away to a hell dimension where time passed much faster than in the “real world,” and Holtz raised Connor as his own son, training him to despise Angel. When Connor returned from the hell dimension as a young man in his late teens, he tried several times to kill his father, then got seduced by Angel’s new love, the part-demon Cordelia (who was being controlled by an otherworldly presence). SHE got pregnant and gave birth to the demon Jasmine, who appeared as a beautiful woman to almost everyone, and could have easily enslaved the world if not for intervention by Angel and his allies (with no help from Connor, Jasmine’s proud father and devoted servant). Finally, Angel struck a deal with the evil law firm Wolfram and Hart, to wipe everyone’s minds so they wouldn’t have any memories of Connor, including Connor himself. He set the kid up with a normal life in a normal suburban family, hoping he would find happiness at long last (and making everyone else better off without him).

Jim and… Jims dad, in American Pie. Has anyone seen American Pie: Band Camp? Jims dad shows up, I’m curious to know in what capacity, although I’m goosed if I’m actually going to watch the fucking thing.

Simba and Mufasa in The Lion King
Eric and Red Foreman in That '70s Show

Eric Cartman & Mom.

Jonathan and Clark Kent in “Smallville.”
Lionel and Lex Luther in “Smallville.”

Let us not forget Cadence (gig for Goob)

Conrad Jarrett and his father Calvin (Timothy Hutton and Donald Sutherland) in Ordinary People…probably my favorite father/son relationship in any movie. They didn’t always see each other clearly – and there was that horrible wife/mother distracting up the place – but so much love! And the end! I’ve seen that movie dozens of times and I cry every time I watch the final scene.

Yes, but they did not play father and son roles in that movie.

King Mufasa(James Earl Jones) and Simba(Johnathan Taylor Thomas/Mathew Broderick)

Dr. and Scott Evil from the Austin Powers movies.