Greatest Person

:slight_smile: Much better…Keep them coming…Think of all the people in history and how our lives would be effected it they had never existed…

Abbot&Costello.

Oh, wait. That’s two people.

Okay, then. Max Planck, the father of Quantum Mechanics.

He gave us a new way to look at the world, and he put Classical Physics out of business.

The opposite of courage is not cowardice, but conformity

Everyone is going to walk away from this with someone different in mind. For me, it is not necessarily a well known person from history that impacted a number of people. For me, it is the person that I wake up to every morning and fall asleep with everynight…For me, it is the person that everyone that encounters this person should feel privilaged everyday. For everyone, it should not necessarily be a famous person from history, it should be the one person in someone’s personal life that made a difference…what do YOU think?

Tampons? No, I think that whoever invented the menstrual cup deserves more cheer. I’m finally used to mine and I love it! They last 10 years without replacement, and they’re much cleaner.

>^,^<
“Cluemobile? You’ve got a pickup…”
OpalCat’s site: http://opalcat.com
The Teeming Millions Homepage: fathom.org/teemingmillions

Me.

We have met the enemy, and He is Us.–Walt Kelly

schweetheart- I had thought about that, and I’ll probably be doing a thread like that later, but for this one, I was curious about historical figures…

My personal fave is Abbie Hoffman.He gave us all hope in the sixties,even though he lost hope and left us,poorer.

It’s pretty much impossible just to pick one person, but for the record, I’ll go with Socrates. Why? Because he taught Plato, who taught Aristotle, who. . .

. . . And the domino effect continues. . .
– Sylence

“The problem with reality is the lack of background music.” – Anon

Certainly one of the all time greats is the inventor of in-door plumbing. There is a fair amount of controversy about whether Thomas Crapper actually is the inventor of the commode or not and evidence that some form of it existed as far back as the Babylonians. In any case, a monument is warranted, even it has to be for “The Unknown Inventor”.
I feel strongly about this, having been subjected to an outhouse in east Texas in my youth. There were spiders down there!!
In the winter it was real cold also.