Grey's Anatomy - 11/30

Neonatology is a sub-specialty of pediatrics, not obstetrics/gynecology. Most of their work isn’t surgery; it’s looking after sick preemies (and full-term infants). They don’t moonlight with other patients in their spare time, because their own speciaty keeps them busy enough. Take a look at the size of the staff here.

Addison’s multiple specialties was addressed, once. Alex questioned a procedure or course of action she was going to take, and then Addsion rattled off the fields in which she was board certified. It was a few more things than just OB/GYN. There was something in there about infant surgeries, but I don’t remember the specifics.

I don’t mind the “freak of the week” cases, but I’d like them to be a little more realistic in handling said cases. The cojoined twins separation surgery brought this to a head for me. This kind of surgery is done in stages over weeks or months with infants, where the systems aren’t as permanently interconnected. In adults this would take a bunch of shorter surgeries over the course of a few months, at least, not one big procedure that can be done between lunch and dinner.

But hey, this is a soap opera, not a documentary, so I can let it go.

Har! So, does Dr. Montgomery wear #23?