Guinness, Dope & Sickness at Altitude! ColoraDope Fest

I just recently moved from Colorado after 12 years in the state, and I’m so sorry I’m going to miss this …

Y’know, I’d kinda forgotten that point. I went a couple years ago and it was getting pretty crazy about 1 or 2:00. Moved the party of to Nalen’s & had beers on the balcony in 60 degree springtime air & sunshine…then woke up the next day in the process of getting 3 feet of snow. God I love this place.

That settles it for me. I’m there at 10:00. I don’t think I’ll be in the bag until at least … what … noon? :slight_smile:

Well, is there another good place for a doper meeting (same time/day) that might not be so insane?

:: cough, cough ::
Oh! Was that a bump? Sorry mods, I won’t do it again. Honest

I’ll be at Fado 10:30 - 2:00. Look for a yellow post it note at the bar/ask bar dude for phone number of Inigo Montoya. Call the number. With a phone or just yell it.

10:00 in the morning? Good grief, you people are party animals.

I guess there’s not much chance anybody*'ll still be around** at 7pm when I get off work. (Moving office on Friday. Don’t see much chance of getting out early and I work a million miles away. Okay, I exaggerate. Only 25 miles.)

*Dopers, I mean
**Or coherent

In case any Colorado Dopers are still around and interested in this shindig, I went to Fado and asked for the post it with Inigo’s number on it, but they didn’t know what I was talking about.

Also, Fado has a $10 cover today, in case anyone cares.

Anyhow, I didn’t know what to do, so I left.

Hope you guys manage to meet up!

mle

I’m not going to make it this evening; I’m still at work, and whenever I leave it will only be to go home to bed as I have to be back at 6 am. Bummer for me.

I wouldn’t mind if we tried to put together a weekend afternoon lunch and a couple beers thing. That would suit the under-21’s as well.

Sorry, Inigo!

Aww I wish Id seen this sooner. I was off work at 8pm, ran home to see CSI and its basketball instead. We had a small band at work who allegedly were to play Irish tunes, but they sounded like a bad Edie Brickell cover band.

I was headed out the door or this thing and my yet to be disolved marriage exploded in my face again. I was unable to have ANY fun yesterday.

Better time & better place. Like a weekend. In April.

How come I never see these threads in time? Of course, I’ll never be able to make a trip in the middle of the day. Unless we sli. Do enough of us ski to consider skiing?

Well, in addition to leaving the office really, really late–and exhausted, and grubby after packing all day, our boss decided our computers/printers etc. would be much safer if we each took ours along in our own private cars, rather than letting the professionals do it. (An attitude I do not agree with, but then, I’m not the boss.) So in addition to all the above I had my computer in my car, which made me really reluctant to take said car anywhere but straight home.