Guys I Need A Job, Preferably From Home

I look at legal documents on my computer all day, helping ensure anything coming in or going out meets SOP. Also charge fees or process refunds as needed.

Good fit for someone with a bit of OCD.

Amazon has work at home customer service jobs. I looked into it a while ago. It doesn’t seem that difficult, but I think you have to have pretty thick skin. My understanding is that you spend a good chunk of your day getting yelled at by customers that are calling to complain.

Fiverr is dedicated to people offering custom work from the internet.

I hired a lady to play flute on a song I’m learning. She also arranged for someone else to record a piano track. All the messages went through Fiverr. Fiverr handled the payment and provided the download.

Fiverr has every category of work imaginable.

I’d suggest looking through the categories and see if anything matches your skill set.

You can browse the categories without setting up an account.

I just got a line on a fabulous job (it wound up in my e-mail spam folder, go figure).

Four hours a week screening medical histories for a plasma donation/processing outfit - $275-299K a year!

I’m about to quit my regular job to take this one. There couldn’t possibly be a catch.

*they train you, too. There’s supposedly a requirement for an M.D. degree and pathology certification, but I’m sure one could get around that, or pick up the necessary certificates online.

You could check for freelance work at https://www.upwork.com/

I think it generally pays better and has a better selection than fiverr. I have hired someone there for years to do web maintenance, and my son has gotten jobs doing SEO and telemarketing. You could see if there is a category that suits you. Writing is a big category.

Apply at a temp agency like Robert Kraft. Their people have incentives to find people to fill job positions. You might get a stinker or two (I once interviewed to fill in for a blind person) but it’s better than staying at home and rotting.

Could you send me your pathology certification so I can get out of my office and into this great new endeavor?

I’m in a similar situation health wise so I’m following this thread. I have a BS in comp sci and experience coding (including websites) but I’d also consider other kinds of remote work.

Also take a look at freelancer.com

They are reputable and have been in business for many years.

They always have tens of thousands of projects you can bid on, in hundreds of different categories, with more being posted all the time.

Their top level categories are:

• Websites, IT & Software
• Mobile Phones & Computing
• Writing & Content
• Design, Media & Architecture
• Data Entry & Admin
• Engineering & Science
• Product Sourcing & Manufacturing
• Sales & Marketing
• Business, Accounting, Human Resources & Legal
• Translation & Languages
• Local Jobs & Services
• Other

There are plenty of jobs that do not require standing or lifting. Is there some other reason besides these you need to work at home?

In any case, best of luck.
mmm