had the American government something to do with 9-11?

PBear42, regarding your point #2, the murder of innocent civilians, GB has no problem with the thousand of innocent Iraqis who have been killed by his bombs. Or is ok because the aren’t Christians?

You know, I’m no fan of George W Bush, in fact I dislike him a great deal and agonize weekly over the hash his administration has made of this war, but do you have any cite that proves he has “no problem” with the Iraqis who have died in this war? Or that he doesn’t care because they are “not Christian”? Or are you just blathering out of your bleeding ignorant asshole like so many of the anti-war idiots in this country?

How could there be any cite? We’re talking about a public figure’s inner life here.

IMO, he doesn’t value the Iraqis any the less because they’re Muslims, but neither does he value them, period. He is in a better position than anyone to know exactly how many have been killed directly or indirectly by the war/occupation/insurgency (a figure the rest of us can only debate), but I doubt he troubles to inquire into the matter at all, or loses any sleep over it. Just my WAG, which is all you or I have got.

Very well. In reply to the OP question:

NO!

Do you rerally think so? GWB strikes me as a man who is keenly aware of every single person who dies inb this war, but also as a man who is determined to push on regardless in persuit of his goal. That’s his big strength, and also his huge weakness.

Ya mean guys like Lyman Louis Lemnitzer, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff from 1960 to 1962? That “Northwoods guy”? What did happen to him?
…Lemnitzer was named as Commander of U.S. Forces in Europe in November 1962 and was appointed as Supreme Allied Commander of NATO in January 1963…
…Lemnitzer retired from the military in July 1969. In 1975, President Ford appointed Lemnitzer to the Commission on CIA Activities within the United States (aka the Rockefeller Commission) to investigate whether the Central Intelligence Agency had committed acts that violated American laws…Maybe you could tell me how the other Northwoods guys were “fired”?

CMC fnord!

Yoiu actually think George Bush is “keenly aware” of every single person who dies in the war? On what basis? That’s an extraordinary claim.

OP, please watch this video:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7501020220921158523

It’s hate-filled, ranting gibberish like this that gives the left such a bad smell.

No, Weirddave, you are describing Abraham Lincoln. I fail to see any slightest resemblance between the two.

Says the LonesomPolecat!

(Sorry, Mods, I know we’re not supposed to do that with usernames but I couldn’t resist! :smiley: )

Well, actually, I really should have thought about it a little before I hit the submit button. I could maybe have looked up the word “irony” or something … :smiley:

Now that Minotaurus has had a stake driven through his foul, black heart (and been covered with acid so he cannot regenerate- how’s that for a mixed monster metaphor), can we let his foul topic die with him? The threads that various posters have linked to more than explain any remaining questions.

Yeah, I think we’re done here. Obviously there’s not going to be any serious discussion of the OP. Perhaps we should petition the mods to lock the thread.