Halloween-style movie

I have a friend who saw a scary movie in the early 80s when she was a baby and wanted to know if she remembered it correctly. She said it was at Halloween time and was Halloween named or related. All she remembers was strange, zombie-like people that would touch people and the people would become sort of burnt or crispy-looking.

The Children?

“A nuclear-plant leak turns a bus-load of children into murderous atomic zombies with black fingernails.”

I need to see this. Like tonight.

I saw this was available on Amazon Prime movies and took note of it, because I like a good shlocky 80’s horror movie. But be warned, it’s a Troma production, which may work for you, but Troma movies are very intentionally campy, and I like unintentional camp. And it’s in 4:3 aspect ratio, which I find annoying.

Troma - they’re the ones who did “The Toxic Avenger”, right? Sounds like it would be right up my alley. If it’s free on Prime, I might have to check it out.

Yep, the very same.

My friend said that you’re a genius and she wants to have your babies.

It’s also on Youtube for free. I don’t know if I’m allowed to link it here.

Yeah, Troma are hit or miss funny horrible, or just horrible horrible.

At least one reviewer described this 2008 British thriller - also called The Children - as bearing a strong resemblance to the 1980 film of the same name. Might be worth checking out for fans of the Killer Kids genre.

I’ve never seen the 1980 original but I quite liked the 2008 one. I saw it when it came out (a year later on cable probably) and then again a couple years ago and still liked it a lot on second viewing.

The 2008 film isn’t campy at all. Very low budget and all that entails but well done.