Happiness is.....sour skittles

My happiness is complete. They have started stocking sour skittles in the vending machine in my office.

I’ll do my best to limit myself to one package per day…but it’s gonna be hard.

I hear they’re great with beer.

I can’t eat them since I learned they contained bug extract as a coloring.

Cochineal, or 120, is the natural red colour which accumulates in the bodies of pregnant scale insects.The insects breed and feed on a particular type of cacti and both are indigenous to Central America.Commercial supplies are obtained from Peru, The Canaries, Algiers and Honduras.An aqueous extract is obtained from the dried female insects.This is reacted with alumina to produce the aluminium lake of carminic acid which is known as carmine.E120
Cochineal, Carminic acid, Carmines, Natural Red 4
Other products to avoid, due to bug content are:

Good & Plenty candy
Dannon Fruit-on-the-Bottom Boysenberry Yogurt
Yoplait Thick & Creamy Low-Fat Strawberry Yogurt
Tropicana Ruby Red Grapefruit Juice
Tropicana Orange Strawberry Banana Juice
SoBe Courage Cherry Citrus Drink
Minute Maid – 100% Pink Grapefruit Juice
Old Orchard
Pixie Stix
Breyers, Good Humor, Klondyke & Pop Sicle Products
Dole Foods-Fruit N’ Gel Bowls
Farley’s & Sathers Amazin’ Fruit Gummi Bears
Heide Gummi Bears

Enjoy your skittles, though!

XaMcQ, you don’t get invited to parties much, do you?

As soon as I read the thread title, I literally began to salivate.

Yergh. I used to like skittles as a kid, but my tastes seem to have changed and I find them far too sweet. Now, if only my workplace’s vending machine would stock Lucas Acidito (a mixture of sugar, salt, citric acid, and cayenne pepper) or Tamarindo (with extra lead to make it taste better), that would be a sour candy I could get behind.

Jealous. Seriously.

-Tcat

You forgot Junior Mints. They have lac beetle secretions on the outside to form the shiny outer coating, the same stuff that shellac is made of.

Oh, and Sour Skittles are delish!

I love sour skittles!!

The only thing bad about them is eating too many gives me a “chemical burn” on my tongue. =/