Happy Birthday, Barbara Feldon

Wow, I’ve never seen anyone pick Ginger over Maryanne. Did you chose Jennifer over Bailey as well?

Barbara Feldon was a fav of mine as a child. I also liked Noel Neill, Lois Lane from The Adventures of Superman. We watched a LOT of reruns in the 70’s, didn’t we?

It never occurred to me until now that the actress who played Lois Lane had an alliterative name, and itself might have been a good name for a Superman character.

What a great idea! Will do likewise – I loved that show as a kid (and yes, had a crush on Barbara Feldon)!

I think Ginger’s overt sexuality caught my interest when I was like 5 or 6, like wow I didn’t realize ladies could act like that. But yeah when I was a little older Mary Ann was definitely my favorite, I could tell she was the whole package. I assume Jennifer and Bailey were from WKRP, I didn’t watch that enough to form an opinion.

I do as well.

Correct. Jennifer (Loni Anderson) was the blonde bombshell receptionist, who typically wore tight dresses, while Bailey (Jan Smithers) was the shy, more conservatively-dressed ingenue (initially working at the station in ad traffic, eventually becoming a reporter).

I’ll take Bailey any day. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I’d take Velma over Daphne too.

While I was late when I posted the thread last year, today actually is Marth 12th, Barbara Feldon’s birthday.

Eight more years until she’s 99… again.

You know whose Get Smart favorite’s birthday we missed?

Angelique Pettyjohn, aka Charlie Watkins, CONTROL’s best female impersonator. Born March 11.

She’ll never be 99.

Agreed, she’s the Jennifer/Ginger to Feldon’s Bailey/MaryAnne

No, I mean literally. She died in 1992. :frowning:

I believe Feldon’s first movie role (and it was a big one) was in the almost-completely-forgotten Dick van Dyke movie Fitzwilly, where she played the “honest” newly-hired assistant to the rich woman everyone else works for. Except that the rich woman isn’t rich anymore, but her staff (led by butler van Dyke/Fitzwilly) keeps this from her, performing acts of larceny to raise cash. And now they have to hide their shady dealings from Feldon’s character, too.

Odd little film with lots of people who were in or would appear in TV series, including a young Sam Waterston.

I remember that one! I’ve seen it twice on TCM.