Happy New Rant Year!

This?!

You have issues.

Yeah, you have issues. They aren’t “all women” but I guess it’s a threat to see more women than men in a crew.

You see what you choose. You have blinders.

I’ll just add, on a peripheral note, that I love how companies are always claiming to be trying to “improve the customer experience”, and that this “improvement” almost always consists of discontinuing products or services that I like (as I just ranted about upthread) or making services cheaper for them to operate but harder to use, or making no changes at all but raising prices. I’d be more tolerant of the wondrous “free market” if it was more honest and less goddam hypocritical. Has anyone ever seen “we’re making these changes to improve our profit margin”? I didn’t think so. Quarterly reporting to stock analysts probably comes closest to truthfulness, but even there, it has to be wrapped up in a confounding babble of biz-speak, and never stated plainly – because that carries the risk that their exploited victims might catch on.

These are the things I keep in mind whenever some right-wing fuckwad tries to claim that “the free market always does everything better than government”. Yeah. Like the hellscape of private health insurance, for starters.