Happy Straight Dope Anniversary To Me (and Who Else?)!

As it is now March 11 (at least in Straight Dope time), today is the one-year anniversary of my registration as a member on this board. I’m not sure if that was the first or the second day that it was open to public registration. (It’s also Eldest Son’s 15th birthday, so I’ll always remember it ;).)

Happy Anniversary to me!

-Melin

Voted Best Moderator (Emeritus)

Geez… It seems like an awful lot has happened in the inaugural year of the UBB version of the SDMB.

Thanks to all of the posters, new and old, who make this board the home it has come to be!

Sue from El Paso

Experience is what you get when you didn’t get what you wanted.

Thanks for reminding me, Melin! My anniversary is Monday.

So, do we get free T-shirts or something?

Now with 1000 posts of pure wisdom!
(or something)

Yeah, happy anniversary! I don’t know when mine is, but it’s around here somewhere. My REAL SD anniversary is in October, though. This October it’ll be three years since I quite accidentally stumbled onto the old MB.

~Harborina

“Don’t Do It.”

Kyla, it’s in your profile, it’s March 14.

-Melin

Voted Best Moderator (Emeritus)

Mine’s next month. Sigh. Always the bridesmaid, never the bride. And what in the hell am I gonna do with a pink tafetta dress?

Voted Best Sport
And narrowly averted the despised moniker Smiley Master

Forward deployed until 18AUG00

Okay, I’m smart. Happy anniversary to me, next Tuesday!

~Harborina

“Don’t Do It.”

Happy anniversary, Mel! I’ll be along in a three weeks.

< snicker > Wear it for Navy inspections, of course!

Happy Anniversary to SDMB Vets!

You say “cheesy” like that’s a BAD thing.

Happy Anniversary to you all! Thanks for making my time here a bit more amusing, and for all the smiles.

I really try to be good but it just isn’t in my nature!

March 12 for me.

I am not sure what my original SD anniversary is back in the AOL days, but it feels like forever.

You turn me on. But maybe it’s because I just spent 20 years in the jungle, getting it on with anything I could attract with a piece of fruit.

Hey! I just noticed, I’m just minutes away. Shouldn’t we be partying or something?

You turn me on. But maybe it’s because I just spent 20 years in the jungle, getting it on with anything I could attract with a piece of fruit.

My anniversary on this web-based board is Monday, March 13. But I was reading The Straight Dope on AOL for at least a couple of years before that.

Shadowfox

“The dead have risen, and they’re voting Republican!” - Bart Simpson

That’s my anniversary, too, Shadowfox! And I was reading the AOL board since December of '96!

I guess I’m just better off living with my inner tensions.
—Snoopy