Happy Thanksgiving!

It’s now 12:04 in New York and I’d like
to be the first to wish you all a very
happy Thanksgiving. :slight_smile:

So, what’s your favorite part of
the dinner? (mine’s the stuffing).

Scientists say 1 out of every 4 people is crazy. Check three friends. If they are OK, you’re it. =^…^=

Thank you.

Just one? Then it would have to be the turkey itself. The stuffing, the giblet gravy, and the cranberry and orange are tied for a close second. In a few hours we’ll see how my new girlfriend does, while I sit on my lazy butt all day. Happy Thanksgiving.

I first tried banana pudding 10 years ago. I love it. Its THE best!!Second would be sweet potatoes. Its just me and my son this year.

Happy Thanksgiving US!

Anyway, my favorite part has to be:

Stuffing. I love that stuff. Second would be the turkey, specifically any dark meat.
I also am looking forward to my grandmothers “green stuff” (A jello/crushed pineapple dessert), as well as Yams (if grandma thought to cook them). Not to mention the Mashed potatoes and gravy from the drippings. Yum.

The oysters… there the little cusps of dark meat under the turkey next to the thighs.

Very sexist roles for our thanksgiving. The wife cooks and I help keep the kids out of the way and entertained. Help with dishes later.

Been doing the domestic Godess thing for a few days now and taking the opportunity to relax before my house fills up. My favorite part is when everyone finally goes home and I can relax! (Oh, and the stuffing isn’t bad, either)
Happy Thanksgiving!
Zette

Click here for some GOOD news for a change

Zettecity

The best part of Thanksgiving is yapping with my cousins while preparing every single side dish known to man. And, Aunt Betty’s bourbon slushes ain’t bad either.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

Spending time with the in laws-- pray for me

Hanging out in the living room, talking with family, football in the background, and a big plate of cherry pie.

Well, shut my mouth. It’s also illegal to put squirrels down your pants for the purposes of gambling.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all !

Now if you will excuse me, I have to go stick my hand up a turkeys ass.

Ayesha - Lioness

There are two solutions to every problem : the wrong one, and mine
(Thomas A. Edison)

Best thing about the dinner: the turkey, white meat preferred. Second runner up: stuffing. Worst: yams. Bleah! Anyway, I actually have to work tonight from 6 PM to midnight so I am cooking up a little mini-dinner for myself: cornish hen, stuffing, cranberry sauce, veggies, and bread. Then I’ll bring it all with me and hope I have some time to eat.

Have a happy holiday and don’t let your pets eat any table scraps.

Weave a circle round him thrice,
And close your eyes with holy dread,
For he on honey-dew hath fed,
And drunk the milk of Paradise.–Coleridge

<marquee>Happy Thanksgiving!</marquee>

Had a great dinner. My aforementioned timing system worked perfectly; nothing got cold, and everything turned out, except, as I mentioned on another thread, my failure to locate the giblets. We have a friend from San Fran visiting us this weekend, and a local friend was over for coffee and dessert. The four of us watched “A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving” and then “Planes Trains and Automobiles” (traditions both).

During the CB Thanksgiving, we all noticed something for the first time. This is the special with Franklin. Now we’ve all always cringed at Franklin’s cool threads, his voiceover’s stumbling attempt at a “Negro” accent, and his low-fiving of CB at the door (CB being, in Mr. Rilch’s estimation, about the least “down” cartoon character there is). But what Frisco noticed in the dinner scene is that, not only does Franklin get the vicious chair, the one that earlier fought with Snoopy, but he’s all alone on his side of the table! Linus is at the head of the table, Marcie at the foot. Sally, CB, Peppermint Patty and Snoopy on the right side, and only Franklin on the left. It looks like he’s been block-busted. Mr. Rilch thinks that may have been deliberate on the part of the animators; even in 1973, they may have balked at showing one black kid associating with a bunch of white kids, and made their statement this way.

Anyway, we also enjoyed our yearly viewing of PTA. Mr. Rilch and our Frisco friend once had a journey quite similar to the one in the film. Mr. Rilch says every time he’s in a motel room and sees shower curtain rings, he thinks of John Candy. Sigh. I wish he hadn’t died. Well, I wish Jim Henson hadn’t died, and Roger Zelazny, and Chris Farley, and Stevie Ray Vaughn, for all the good that’s going to do.

Remember, I’m pulling for you; we’re all in this together.
—Red Green