Harboring Terrorists: BFD, Apparently

I started to put this in GD, but I couldn’t see much of a debate.

Back on September 20, 2001, Bush said:

We’ve known for awhile that al-Qaeda is active in the Waziristan provinces of Pakistan, but it’s apparently gotten more structured lately:

And:

So, does anyone think Pakistan or its government will pay a price for harboring our real enemy?

And of course, there are Bush’s remarks on March 13, 2002:

I guess all that is as inoperative as a Ron Ziegler statement.

Besides, at about that time, Bush pulled our Special Ops people off bin Laden’s trail and sent them to scout out Iraq.

And now bin Laden’s trail is cold:

Charming. Just charming.

Fearless Leader is a talented dancer on the stage of facts and motives. He bobs, he weaves, and folks let him get away with it. Osama bin Laden was a misdirection, never the reason. Greed was the reason. Forget all that WMD stuff, and spreading joyful democracy. Look at the list of the nations with the greatest oil reserves: 1. Saudi Arabia, 2. Iraq, 3. Iran. For four years, billions of your tax dollars have been gushing into the gaping maws of a handful of profiteering contractor corporations. Now, though, we seem to be getting down to the real goal.

Oil, glorious oil, and taking control from OPEC at last. http://www.democracynow.org/article.pl?sid=07/02/20/1523250
That’s what GWB’s whole career has been leading up to.