Harry Potter "Bertie Bott's everyflavor beans" by Jelly Belly

Some of the flavours taste like hose water, though I don’t think it’s supposed to… I had a box a while back and gave my brother a vomit one pretending it was another kind. Boy did he yell! After he stopped gagging, of course.

Damn it, flamingbananas! Between this thread and your screenname, I’m starving!! :slight_smile:

I bought a couple bags for our group when we all went to see the last HP movie. I found a vomit flavored bean about half way through the movie. Seeing as how I was sitting in the dark… and couldn’t tell what color I held in my hands… I quit eating them.

: Shudder :

God, the vomit ones are beyond horrible. I had one and I immediately had my gag reflex kick in; I almost barfed up everything I’d eaten that day. :frowning:

The dastardly part is that they look similar enough to Tutti Fruitti (which I like). :frowning:

*What’s this bean? Looks like my favorite flavor.
Color’s nice. Perhaps something I’ll savor.
The other beans were nice.
Oh heck, I’ll roll the dice.
What can happen? Shoot, it’s only candy.

Evil Vomit Bean!!
Evil Vomit Bean!!

Bertie Bott’s I’ll curse your name forever!*

To the tune of “Secret Angent Man” by Jonny Rivers

Nope. Bacon.

Wait. Don’t those taste the same?

I kind of like the pepper and grass-flavoured ones. However, I’m glad to say I never enountered a vomit-flavoured one.

Can’t let this pass without a quote from the greatest wizard of our time:

"Ah! Bertie Bott’s Every Flavor Beans! I was unfortunate enough in my youth to come across a vomit-flavored one, and since then I’m afraid I’ve rather lost my liking for them-but I think I’ll be safe with a nice toffee don’t you?
“Alas! Ear wax!”
-Albus Dumbledore

Depends on how you salt and cure the earthworm.

What I’d like to know is just how they know what things like dirt or soap taste like. Or worse, how they know they’ve gotten the taste of booger or vomit correct. I mean, presumably those are sorta subject and vary from person to person, or based on what that person has been eating / breathing… I pity the poor flavor developer who had to come up with a consensus (and hope s/he didn’t have to conduct multiple samplings :eek: )

I tried EFBs once or twice then decided the bad tasting ones outweighed the good tasting ones too heavily and it was just a waste of money. Now I go to the “mix your own” stand at the grocery store and get large quantities of the flavors I do like :smiley:

Buttered popcorn ain’t among them. That variety is Satan’s Jizz, dried / formed and coated with an evil deceptive candy coating.

It predates Harry Potter.

Vomit was an accident. The folks at Jelly Belly tried to make a pizza-flavored bean some years ago and came up with that instead. Bertie Bott’s gave them an excuse to use it.