"Harry Potter" - the latest chapter

Sadly, no. There are several threads in which someone remarks that s/he had a class with someone who believed this to be true.

BTW, Lawoot, re: HP1 the movie making any money . . . I’m one of those people who think it will, and also think it’ll be a pretty good indication of the future (if any) of HP movies. I haven’t as of yet heard anything about the actuality of making HP2 or HP3 into movies. Take that as you will.

I wouldn’t particularly be surprised if they did a whole series. The books are supposed to number seven, and if their popularity is any indication of the movie’s popularity (they just cast Harry. Cute kid.) then they will probably make movies out of at least a few of the books. I’d imagine that they might combine some of the books, but you never know.

Andygirl:

I think that if the first HP movie is bad or clearly not close to the plot, a lot of people won’t bother with HPII . . . and Warner or whoever’s making this movie won’t bother making a second one.

BTW, David Radcliffe is slated to be HP.

I looked at the symbols section of this site, and they are so inaccurate of most of the symbols. For example, the swastika that was the original eastern symbol for the spinning sun goes in the opposite direction of the one the Nazis used. The one shown is the one that was used by the Nazis.

Nothing underscores the political nature of the extreme fundamentalist right as their choice of topics. They always rabidly attack popular targets because they know that’s the way to get their name in print. You never hear them attacking the hundreds of lesser known children’s books that address the same subjects as “Harry Potter”. They wait until there is already a media frenzy surrounding something then jump in to guarantee themselves headlines. Whether their actions actually increase the popularity of their target (as in the case of "The Last Temptation of Christ) is irrelevent. The political leaders of the fundie movements are interested in politics, not morality (you only have to look at their own private lives to see that). They use the ignorant masses who have never read HP, played D&D, or seen a film more intellectually challenging than “Ernest Buys a Double-Wide” to get their names on the five-o-clock news.