Has anyone ever been licensed to practice law in all 50 states?

Has anyone ever been licensed to practice law in all 50 states of the United States of America at the same time?

IANAL but you should clarify further. As in take the bar in all 50 states, or, simply allowed to practice as a lawyer? Again, IANAL so I dunno if you’d have to take the bar in all 50.

In the DC/MD/VA area, a MD lawyer can perform the services of a lawyer in VA if they get a form signed. Whereby they validate that said individual is actually a lawyer from MD. They can’t represent their party until they do so, not even provide guidance in the court, they’d have to excuse themselves outside the courtroom and provide any guidance.

So, getting that form signed is probably procedural and can possibly performed online or via mail.

Can you clarify your clarification? Isn’t “licensed to practice law” a pretty black-and-white definition? (If you don’t have to pass the bar in a given state to be licensed to practice law there, why would take the bar exam there?)

Once you’ve taken and passed the bar exam in one state, many other states will reciprocate and allow you to practice law in their state with minimal formalities. You don’t have to take the bar everywhere as long as you take it somewhere.

(That’s an oversimplification: some states don’t reciprocate at all, or only with selected other states, or require you to jump through certain other hoops, but you get the general idea.)

Also, you can be admitted to practice law in one state pro hac vice (for this one particular occasion) without being licensed to practice generally in that state, and you can be admitted to practice in federal courts in a state without being licensed in that state, and you may be able to practice as in-house (corporate) counsel without being licensed in that state, and I’m sure there are a few other exceptions I’m not thinking of.