Has anyone noticed anything different lately?

Let me tell you a story.
Last [bJuly** I bought a new wallet. Now a wallet is a pretty personal thing to most guys. I use several times a day every day.

Yesterday I open my wallet and there on the inside are these gold letters that are about 3/8 of an inch tall and that read BILL BLASS.

THEY WERE NOT THERE BEFOR!

I have two possible explanations.

One is that I have sidestepped to a parallel universe. (I think this happens to me a lot)

The other is that someone else did a little time traveling and screwed things up so that now my wallet has the writing. If this is correct then maybe someone else has noticed other phenomena.
So has anybody noticed anything different lately?

Yes. This thread wasn’t here five minutes ago.

:Checking wallet:

Holy crap!! The gold “BILL BLASS” in 3/8 inch high gold letters is missing!!!

Well, Bill, there are several other explanations, viz :-

1. Your name really is Bill Blass and you really are a door-to-door shoe salesman from Arkansas. You just have trouble accepting the fact.

2. You just made the mistake of trying to sort out a hold-up in a convenience store and the perp (who was really an angel) zapped you into another continuum where you get to be a tire salesman and sleep with Tea Leoni. Enjoy.

3. Opal - Hi! (see, just about everything’s backwards in this reality).

Hmmm…no…no, I haven’t noticed anything different.

But just to be sure, you should ask the man who knows everything.

No, not Cecil – Jonathan!*

[sub]*Buffy reference[/sub]

Reminds me of the line Steven Wright used once:

"I woke up one morning to find everything in my apartment had been stolen and replaced with an exact replica. I couldn’t believe it. I told my roommate, ‘Look, everything here has been stolen and replaced with an exact replica.’, He said, ‘Do I know you?’

When I woke up this morning, instead of watching Katie and Matt for three solid hours, I got on a train and went to work.

That’s pretty different.

So basically I get to see how my life would be different if I got a different wallet?!?!

My Gaurdian Angel sucks!

Yeah, worst It’s a wonderful life rip off ever.

Dragwyr, you reminding me of that reminds me of a joke of Tom Wing’s:

This thread being about a wallet could have also led me in that direction…and that quote provides a possibility for the missing wallet.

The same thing happened to me! Only the letters in my wallet spelled Christian Dior.

WTF, how’d that get there??? I was evn laughing at myself for checking

EVEN, even :cool: