Has anyone seen the documentary outfoxed

http://www.outfoxed.org/

Its a documentary starring alot of ex-producers and anchors and assistants from fox news saying fox gives a right wing slant on news. I guess thats obvious to most people but hearing the fox news employees say it is alot more believable. I hope blockbuster carries it.

I don’t think it’s really out there yet. The only way to get it is by buying the DVD online, and it was only released on Monday the 12th, I believe. MoveOn is doing house parties showing it, but they aren’t until Sunday the 18th.

I ordered a copy on Monday. I’ll let you know what I think when it arrives!

Just watched it. Great stuff. Disturbing, disturbing network, that is.

BTW, for a mere $10, it’s pretty much a win-win situation.

I saw it. Very interesting stuff, especially the montages of FNC clips. I’d almost say the point isn’t “this is a conservative news org” but more like “how is this a news org at all”.

Right. All I kept thinking was, “in the face of this kind of organization, can journalism schools still hope to teach proper, ethical, objective techniques?”

You know, the 20th century had some crappy stuff to answer for (world wars, nukes, holocaust, pollution when we knew better, etc.), but the objective journalism practiced during its middle (i.e., after Wm. Randolph Hearst died and before 24-hour cable news appeared) was something to be proud of. I don’t see how it can survive, when yellow journalism is so profitable and so many people prefer it over cold, dry, non-black-and-white facts.

I just ordered it and I can’t wait till it arrives. My husband watches “The O’Reilly Factor” for reasons I can’t understand. So I have watched this ahole go from a piddly, rude little moaner to a loud, obnoxious, pompous a. I hate Foxnews with a passion.
BTW, I was told about a movie called Network. Link. It was released in 1976. Apparently it’s a prediction of what turn the American media would be taking - where we are now. It predicts Rupert Murdock and his ilk. Hope I can find it in a video store.

So, basically, you’re saying you’re mad as hell and you’re not going to take it anymore?

Damn straight.
:wink: