Has the Kim Jong Un regime in North Korea been overthrown?

No. They differentiated their economic system from regular communism early on. Or, rather, they said it was different. Either way, they don’t think of themselves as communist in the Marx/Lenin sense, and they haven’t for a very long time.

Looks like Kim Jong Un missed an important national event that he’s never missed before Cite. So he’s OFFICIALLY out of action.

Anyone want to guess what her deal is? We the Chubby Leader is into cheese and Henessey, what do you want to bet that she’s super into Hello Kitty or One Direction?

Has anybody heard if his sister was present at the ceremonies? Was she treated like the leader?

Hennessy was his father’s drink of choice. From what I’ve read, Kim the Younger prefers Johnnie Walker Blue.

Some of the ISIX folks are on that list, above and below.

I can’t info on whether she was there, but if she was it doesn’t seem that she was treated as leader.

The more credible sources are still thinking it’s health problems: “Kim Yong-hyun, a North Korea expert at Dongguk University in Seoul, dismissed those rumors and said he believed that Mr. Kim’s trouble was “not political but orthopedic.” That’s taken from today’s NYTimes article on the issue.

So who knows what’s really going on, but it would seem premature to assume that there has been a major power shift.

Maybe he’s just checked into a spa to shed some weight, and the new, slimmer version will debut to the world soon.

Even if his discomfort is mortal, he’ll come back as a zombie and lead them as the Un-dead.

One never knows what goes on inside NK. Those that talk don’t know and those that know don’t talk. I think there’s a bit more than an issue with the legs, surely they could prop him up like FDR if that’s all it was.

Maybe his people got hungry enough to enjoy some long pig.

Those cute female body guards will make Korean barbecue of him?
Where will they get that much sweet chilli garlic sauce?
:eek:

Ha, Kim Jong-Un has been thrown down the memory hole.

He’s Baaack!!!

That was helpful.

Assuming you’re being sarcastic - It wasn’t worth posting a link to an article because the news stories were changing by the minute. It would make more sense to just google when you saw the news.

And how is it not helpful to know that he showed up.

I am offended by large fonts.
:rolleyes:

sorry

:slight_smile:

This forum requires that you wait 60 seconds between posts. Please try again in 3 seconds.

Well, according to CNN he’s back. If you want to see a funny video on CNN of what the Chinese thing of Lil’ Kimmy, Version 3, click here. I love the graphics. :stuck_out_tongue:

OMG Kim Jong Un doing the Carlton dance made me laugh embarrassingly out loud at my desk. :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley: