Has The Onion Gone Too Far...

…with THIS article? Or am I just becoming a pussy? This almost made me throw up.

That’s one reason why I don’t follow sports.

The two choices are not mutually exclusive!

I thought it was a pretty good parody of the over-the-top nature of professional sports culture in this country. The picture was a little gross, but it was such a purposefully badly done “photoshop” that it was difficult to take seriously.

Well, I saw the game, and it didn’t work. So I don’t know what to tell you.

I vote for “pussy”.

Yeah, that was pretty fakey looking. I’ve seen the Onion be way more disturbing than that, without even using pictures. The article a few weeks back about kidnappers trying to determine the “street value” of the kid they’d snatched was way more disturbing, without any photoshopped blood.

The article seems to fit The Onion’s general attitude.

Maybe you need to give your anger issues a good shinning, Inigo, we don’t want you to become a wuss!

<SNORT> Like that’s new!

I know. I was going to put a disclaimer “I usually vote for pussy, though” afterwards, but I thought it’d be much more fun if someone played right into my trap!

pulls the switch. a large, steel cage falls around Bosda

bwhahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

…okay, fine. You can come out. Hmph.

Unfortunately, I can’t read the piece from here (although I did see the title). Since we’ve had threads like this in the past, I’ll say that The Onion hasn’t gone too far, but everybody has their own personal limits.

Naa, not too far.

I’m glad that that page had a link to this story from last year that I missed:

Special X-Games End In Extreme Tragedy

Over the line, and fuuuunny.

:eek:

Ok…I’ll take the advise and toughen up some. Should be enough to back off the Prozac a touch. Man. Somedays I feel like I’m living that whole “Good Capt. Kirk/Bad Capt. Kirk” episode. :rolleyes:

Gee, what’s the fuss? Seems like a perfectly reasonable defensive strategy to me.

Well, yea, who doesn’t? But what does this have to do with Inigo?

Her first post, of course.

Personally I think the story was merely weak and unfunny. In this week’s issue find this to be much more disturbing (and insulting), but then the Onion is an equal opportunity offender, and it just happened to push my buttons this time round.

I first laughed out loud at:

The players then raised their machetes and stormed the practice court, maniacally hacking and slashing the practice-squad players while chanting “defense”.

and quite a bit more after that.