Has the World Gone Mad? Turkey on a Plane!

Sounds like a Fraternity stunt to me.

The common sense version of the social contract says we have to put up with dirty s,melly adults and misbehaving children by virtue of their human birth, but that a well behaved animal is unacceptable by its very presence?

Well, I feel emotionally stunted not being part of the “mile high club” on a commercial plane flight. :frowning:

It smells like Thanksgiving???

The cabin gradually fills with stuffing?

Up until a few years ago, the POTUS, every year, would pardon two Thanksgiving turkeys on the White House lawn in a ceremony a day or two before Thanksgiving. Those two turkeys would get seats in first class from Dulles to Orlando, where they would live out their remaining lives at Walt Disney World.

They now truck the pardoned turkeys to a farm in Virginia.

Given the typical American build they are half way there already.

Yep – I’m fat and no (jive) turkey better encroach on the extra seat I must buy myself. :wink:

You speak jive?

Who knew?

My mama no raise no dummies.

Damn, you got your JASL cert don’t ya? :slight_smile:

My most interesting seat mate on any plane to date was the blind woman with her service parrot. She managed the bird and got him into all kinds of commercials and acting gigs. Very cool.

Also, in my 500,000+ miles logged in air travel, I have zero stories about service animals with unruly behavior. Unruly humans on the other hand…

Sounds like a hipster stunt to me. Let’s keep pushing the boundaries until it’s gone too far.

My issue with a turkey on board is that AFAIK they cannot be trained, and despite what some people will argue, are not domesticated animals IMO.

That being said, if the animal was contained in a crate the entire flight I’d deal with it, but I wouldn’t like it, especially if I had to sit next to it. I think we need more cases of common sense ruling, and to me the common sense is that you cannot fly on a commercial airline with a live bird. After all if you’re making more people uncomfortable than you’re making comfortable; isn’t that a bigger problem than you’re trying to solve?

I agree that an untrained animal shouldn’t be on a plane, but I’m not sure that other people’s emotional comfort matters on a flight when a disability is at issue. We don’t consider other people’s comfort when it comes to children being on flights. At all.