Have humans been raped by dolphins?

Dang … I didn’t know he’d written a whole book about the experience.

Though considering the subject matter, it’s not entirely surprising that this book had to be self-published.

In Sharyn McCrumb’s If I’d Killed Him When I Met Him, one of the minor characters desperately wanted to marry a dolphin. When she finally got it on with the dolphin, she drowned because dolphins dive to deep water to mate. I’m not saying McCrumb is a dolphin sex expert, but she seems to do her research when it comes to other topics…

Especially if, y’know, if he had explicit pics of them in the act! (Did he?) And if he had pics of the cute little babies!
Oh, me father was the keeper of the Eddystone light
He married a mermaid one fine night!
From this union there came three:
A porpoise and a porgy and the other was me.

how did dolphins know they were female?

Smell.

I’m sure Cecil’s list wasn’t meant to exhaustive but the pond skater’s a particularly interesting/insidious example:

http://content.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,2010939_2010938,00.html

You can never see a Grue.

I’d be dismissive except for an unholy encounter with a seal off Mission Beach … therapy has been helpful … but I’m never wearing a wetsuit ever again … sheesh …

How does the insurance form even look for that? Ok he seemed alright if not a little traumatized, but say the cut felt like it as getting infected, or it just hurt a lot. He goes to the ER, talks to the admitting nurse and she asks ‘what did you say the bird was trying to do?’.

Sidebar: a possible promising avenue of research for this topic: I don’t have the book, but very clearly as a lad remember reading in The Book of Lists, topic: Countries that still practice torture (the book came out late 70s). 1 of the South American banana republics had an entry like thus: beatings, electrocution, rape by specially trained dogs. WTF? I guess if someone was very sick, tied down etc. the dog could be led to the victim maybe enticed to do the old peanut butter trick that’s become legendary. But even put down in front of a naked woman (or man, I guess) how would the dog…know what to do? The male dogs mate with females because they are in heat & give off pheromones adapted for male doggy nose sensors. I trained mine to do simple tricks, but can dogs really be trained to do something as unnatural as try to mate with an entirely different species? Of course I’ve had the old leg hump from a horny male dog, but that was more like scratching an itch, no?