Have you added any Trivia / Goof entires to the IMDb?

GWTW is chock full of goofs. If you follow the chronology strictly, Melanie is pregnant for more than eighteen months. No wonder she died, is it?

Jeff_Olsen - which movie did you get dumped for non-existence? I’d be quite interested to know.

Gilligan’s Island. Scroll up a bit for details. :wink:

Hey, I had a hard enough time getting them to delete one that really doesn’t exist!

Yeah, yeah, yeah. If it takes two attempts to get it deleted by IMDb, why so surprised that it took two attempts to tell SDMB what it was?

I got something changed for the tv show JAG, which I’ve never even watched.

I don’t know how I got to its trivia page, but I did, and there was an item there that said something about how “Zulu Time” is “local time.” Of course “Zulu” means Greenwich Time, and I sent in a correction to that effect.

Instead of correcting the item, they seem to have just removed it.

I know which movies both of those were off of the top of my head. I’m such a geek.

I’ve added some quotes from time to time. For Sandlot, the ones where “The Babe” was explaining how most folks never recognize or are too afraid to take their one chance to do something great and Mr. Mertles’ “You’re not in trouble, you’re dead where you stand.” are mine.

I’ve had less luck with goofs, getting none accepted. My last attempt was for Pearl Harbor In the scene where Ben Affleck’s character is on the train looking out the window at his nurse-girlfriend, behind her is a stainless steel passenger car. Those were around (if rare) in 1941, but you can see the name on this one, Silver Planet, which identifies it as built in 1947.

DD

Count again.

When Rhett Butler visits Scarlett in Atlanta and brings her a Parisian hat, they have this conversation:

The Battle of Gettysburg was fought in July 1863. A few scenes later, Ashley comes home on Christmas furlough, which would be December 1863 — and didn’t Scarlett look jealous as she watched Ashley and Melanie go up the stairs to bed. A few scenes after that, Atlanta is under seige from Sherman’s Army, and Melanie goes into labor. That night, they escape from the city as the Atlanta Depot burns (September 1, 1864).

That would mean Melanie’s pregnancy lasted little more than eight months, not eighteen.

I may be thinking of the book. It’s quite a famous gaffe, though.

I tired to send one in, but its not been posted yet. In Shanghai Noon, the Princess woudl not have been able to work in a rock quarry - or do much else for that mattter. Since she was a member of the aristocracy (or at least daughter of a rich family) her feet would have been bound since she was very young, making it nearly impossible for her to even walk without help.

I can’t figure out how to submit trivia, but here’s one they don’t have for Rounders:

The prison Worm is released from is East Jersey State Prison, formerly known as Rahway. This facility was the setting of Scared Straight! (1978) and was also the prison Danny Ocean was paroled from in Ocean’s Eleven.

How do I know? I live there. :wink: You can see our incinerator in the background. :smiley:

The movie follows the same chronology as the novel: Melanie gets pregnant during Christmas 1863, and delivers in early September 1864.