Have you ever been pitted? If so . . . ? If not . . . ?

As far as I can remember, no.

I guess I’m just not that noticable. :smiley:

Damn, it’s a wonder I haven’t been pitted more often.

I was Pitted once for being a “movie snob” which was pretty ridiculous. My favorite movie the year before wasn’t an Oscar winner or nominee, it wasn’t a snooty foreign-language film. It wasn’t an art house avant-garde film. It was a low-budget monsters-from-outer-space movie. The year before that my favorite movie was a low-budget kids-become-fake-superheros movie. I see a lot of movies but I am so not a snob. Maybe it’s because I use too many dashes.

I got pitted because I was pretty sharply criticizing a poster’s sexism.

So he posted a one-word pitting calling me the c-word.

So there’s that.

::raises hand::

Twice. (As far as I iknow!)

The first, 2001, may require a bit of backstory. The board was planning on pruning out threads that hadn’t been updated since some cutoff date. An announcement was made that we had a week or so to bump any of those really old threads we didn’t want to lose in the pruning. I got pitted because I resurrected some threads some folks found upsetting.

The second, from 2006, is more self-explanatory.

When I first joined I had an annoying habit of using “sight” for “cite” (edit, not on purpose). I annoyed quite a few people doing that. I’m a little surprised that didn’t get me pitted.

Nah, these days I don’t post anywhere near enough to be Pitted. If I ever would’ve been, it probably would have been as a result of my views on entertainment, as expressed in 10±year-old threads that certain posters — despite claims that they don’t pay attention to others’ posting histories — feel compelled to snipe at me about in unrelated threads a decade later. ('Course, if any of those particular posters [not that I’m singling anyone out, mind] care to have at it, I’m certainly game.)

Not that I know of, but I really only posted one completely out of line (and idiotic) post and was mortified when I realized how badly I had mis-read it and apologized profusely.

So I wasn’t pitted for that major gaffe. I’m just not an especially polarizing person, at least not on this board. I also never come up in the crush threads, so I kind of ghost along - even though I’ve been here forever. :slight_smile:

Once or twice. I had a rather, how shall I put it, abrasive beginning to my time here at the Dope. :smiley:

I remember that thread because I’m the one who started it, and if it did help you change your views, I’m glad. :slight_smile:
I’ve been Pitted maybe once or twice, but they were pretty half-hearted. Nothing major.

No, not YOU! :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

Once that I know of, I was new here and did not understand the protocal, I was talking out my ass like we do on a lot of forums I visit.

I don’t remember ever being pitted. It seems I just don’t piss people off that way. I must not be trying hard enough.

I was pitted once (long ago) when I revealed on here that I don’t vote. Apparently it was enough for someone to claim I was “everything wrong with America” (according to the Pit thread title).

Don’t sell yourself short. I’m sure there are many reasons you’re everything wrong with America. :wink:

**Clothahump **tried to pit me once. Didn’t go well for him.

Thanks for pitting me! :smiley:

Is it worse to be pitted, or completely ignored?

Speaking as someone who is generally the latter on this board, being the former sounds like a lot more fun. :stuck_out_tongue: