Have you ever had a dream within a dream?

High school. Woke up, got ready for school in a rush, Dad drove us there, waiting in hallway for first class, all that run-of-the-mill stuff. Then someone I didn’t know handed me a grapefruit.

Woke up, got ready for school in a rush, Dad drove us there, waiting in hallway for first class, all that run-of-the-mill stuff. Then someone I didn’t know handed me a grapefruit.

Woke up… OK, you get the picture. At least four iterations, but the last one contained no grapefruit offerings. Although I knew I was awake, I was a bit antsy all day, worrying about the grapefruit around the corner.

Course, now I’m 48, and have some regrets, and sometimes hope for that grapefruit.

NOT.

-Another

LOL, yes to all. I dream a LOT…

Multiple layers and different awaking rates.

What I find most interesting is not color or the lack of, sound, diving out of bed because I am diving out of something in a dream, trying to strangle the wife thinking she is a wild animal ( do not go there) but when I stand beside the dream watching and knowing I am dreaming even if it is a familiar dream or a new one, the realization that there is an altered state of conscience letting me know that my mind can not always make me do something.

Sort of a condition that lets me know that I can refuse to think about something, or refuse to do something that every fiber of my being says I have to do.

Recovering addicts and alcoholics might can relate to this. Some bring God into theses things but what I am talking about is a different kind of awareness as to what I am and who I am and what I can do. Unfortunately it also lets me know that I can’t pass the buck or the blame for my actions onto the shoulders of others or outside influences.
Every kind of dream there is I have had IMO. Hit bottom in the falling dream… Covered. Etc. Etc.

It also seems all pilots who remember their dreams have had and do have dreams about trying to land or takeoff with wires being a major problem.

Dreams are the stuff of dreams and sometimes I wish I did not dream so much.
I’ll probably dream about that now.
::: sigh :::

[Princess Bride hijack]

Mawwage…A dweam, within, a dweam…

[/Princess Bride hijack]

Dang it, Stccrd, you beat me.

I’ve had multiple thought-I-woke-up-but-I-hadn’t dreams before. Sometimes it’s taken me six or eight times to wake myself up. It’s really scary, because every time it happens, somebody in the dream is trying to kill me!

Just thought I’d mention that in the “lucid dreaming” community what I believe Urban Ranger and certainly Daniel are describing would be termed a “False Awakening”(FA). I find they often happen(at least to me) when you start to realize you are dreaming, it seems to reset your “suspension of disbelief”.

If you have FAs frequently and are interested in having lucid dreams(and oh man you should) they can be quite useful. Get in the habit of doing a “Reality Check” when you wake up every morning. Check the time, look away, and then check it again. Is it the same? Does that time make sense? Does your room seem in order? If you are lucky you might do it during your next dream wake up. It should be a cynch for whiterabbit. Search on any of the terms I mentioned in quotes if anyone’s interested (this sample chapter is good for general lucid dreaming).

Sorry I have to cheerlead for lucid dreaming; it is something everyone should Witness. Hmm, should I have posted this in GD?