Have You Ever Had Murderous Thoughts

I voted no.

I truly don’t think I’m capable of taking a life. Don’t own a weapon, don’t possess the physical power.

Thinking about it though, there are people I would die for, but I don’t think I could kill for.

Yes. My father was abusive, both physically and verbally, to all of us. My first memory of this is from 3yrs old when he was dragging a beaten and unconscious mom across the kitchen floor. When he was not home my mother, sister and I would plan how we would kill him (by this time I was 5 or 6.) I recall my sister suggesting a knife and many discussions of poison being added to his food by all of us. No discussion of disposal of the body that I can recall.
As an adult, I admit, every time I hear about any adult abusing or killing a child I want to kill that adult.

Not so much planning the actual killing, but the disposal of the corpse.

I once had a sadistic teacher that I fantasized I would find clinging to the edge of a cliff by his fingers and I went off to find a rock. I voted heavy fantasizing for that. But that hardly means that I actually planned anything.

There was this girl who harassed me when I was in 9th grade. I used to wish I had telekinesis like Carrie, and that I could use it to enact revenge on her. (I don’t remember “murder” exactly, mostly just have her begging and screaming for mercy)

I voted Yes, Only as a possibility but I consider every work day that my coworkers survive alive a personal victory :wink:

You could very easily (if you’re in the US) buy a good weapon that can defeat even the strongest of men provided they aren’t armed also.

Not really. I’ve had compulsive thoughts where I was horrified by the idea that I actually could kill someone, theoretically. I think it’s legitimately freaky how fragile life is and how one bad choice can extinguish it like that.

I guess sometimes that would turn into a daymare where I would freak myself out. But it’s not a fantasy so much as an irrational fear. And usually my daymares about murder are about being falsely accused of murder, not committing it myself. Sometimes I have elaborate daydreams about how I would defend myself if I was framed for murder. I’m kinda weird that way.

I have never planned to kill anyone. I’m not really a revenge kind of person.

I fantasize about killing off the entire human race sometimes.

No, I’m not a people person.

At the age of eleven I conceived, and carried out, a (fairly simple) plan aimed at a persistant bully. If it had fully suceeded she could have been dead or seriously injured. However I don’t believe that I had actually thought through the possible effects of what I intended to happen. Interestingly although the plan failed she left me alone after that and I think I must actually have scared her. I scare myself now when I think about it.

You can’t just leave us like ths… what did you do to her??

I am in Canada, so it wouldn’t be quite as easy as all that. But a gun would not change who I am, and I do not believe I am capable of taking a life.

I get that when I’m driving. :frowning:

Wow, that’s heavy. I think I saw the same movie when I was younger. The kid hid in the garage I think and waited for his dad to come home and when he got out of the car and walked up the drive way the kid shot him. That movie ?

Yeah sounds like the same one. We even found a good place for my brother to hide and got my dad’s schedule from his dresser so we knew when he’d be working the night shift.

I can’t honestly say I’m glad we didn’t.

When I was very young I used to have a fantasy about killing every single person on earth, one at a time. I was convinced I could do it, too. I did acknowledge that it would take a bit of time to complete the job, though.
mmm

Not sure I should admit to this but… One of her nasty habits was jumping on my back whenever she got the opportunity. I used to try to keep within a group of my mates so she couldn’t get me but it wasn’t always possible. One time she did this when we were on a balcony corridor. I tried to back her into a door and sort of bash her against it but it didn’t work. So the next time we were going to a lesson up there I planned to hang back so that she’d jump on me then head the other way toward the drop, get her off me and tip her over. It didn’t work because she hung on too hard but, yeah I really meant for her to go over the side. At the time she laughed and I was so discouraged that my little plan had failed but she never did it again.