Have you ever met a fellow Doper in real life, by pure chance?

What’s the proper response?

“Um…www dot…um…god dammit. I can’t remember the entire address! How do I copy and paste in real life?”

I don’t think it was History of the World - I’ve only played that once. (I’ve wished I could get a game of it started, though.) Greg and I rushed to the con on Sunday morning to play Advanced Civ, so I don’t think it was that, either.

Maybe it was that boat-filling bidding game? I want to say Machiavelli, but I think that’s actually an Avalon Hill “Diplomacy but more complex” game.

I happen to work with edwino’s father, and have met / talked to him a handful of times.

Also, to answer the question, I don’t think there are very many Dopers in my area.

For some reason, the Dope tsunami skipped over Detroit.

Queen Tonya is in your neck of the woods.

I’ve met a doper’s brother randomly. Said doper and I been exchanging emails about something and so I knew his last name (which is randomly bizarre) and brother-man came into the bookstore where I worked.

I’m not certain if the doper-in-question wants it known he has a weirder-than-him brother. :slight_smile:

Maybe. I know it was some crazed thing that Greg wanted me to play. The more complicated the better, as far as he’s concerned.

OK, I just decided never to attend a Dopefest. What’s the point if you can’t meet Lissa?