Have you ever met the President?

I met Bill Clinton about two months ago. I was walking down the street in Manhattan and there was a crowd gathering outside Cooper Union. Clinton had spoken at their commencement just minutes before, and the crowd was hoping for a glimpse. I joined them and got to shake the former president’s hand. I said, “Nice to meet you!” He said, “Thank you very much!”

I was pretty star-struck. :slight_smile:

Maybe the White House has or had a large intern program;)

Well, it certainly had one large intern program who spent a lot of time in the Oval Office. :eek:

I’m going to hell.

I enjoyed this so much. Thank you. You have made my week.

No, I’ve never met a President. I did see Clinton speak at my college, but he was incredibly far away, so my friend and I mostly watched the snipers pop up and down on the nearby buildings.

I worked for a call centre and talked to the Governor of one of the midwestern states. I knew he was the governor because every few minutes he would say something about being Governor, or his duties, or the election, or how he always wanted to be governor.

Since I was, in fact, privy to a lot of his personal information through my job, I went home and Googled him and discovered that he was, in fact, the Governor.

Seemed like a bit of a jerk to me.

Closest I every came was marching in Eisenhower’s 2nd inaugural parade. We passed in review before him. I recall that he looked strange because I think he was wearing makeup for the TV cameras. TV was almost all B&W in '57 and it washed out the color of skin, making you look like a corpse if you didn’t have makeup. Anyway it was colder than the hinges of hell and I was in my last few days of Navy bootcamp. It was quite an honor to be chosen though.
Only president I’ve ever seen in person.

Wrong!

Meaningful ? Well, the presence of the President makes a huge impression on most folks. Sure has on me each time.

I once chapperoned a 4th grade trip from a NY school to Philadelphia for a few days. Reagan happened to be in town, and his motorcade zipped by. It was all the kids talked about for hours after, and all the saw was a hand waving through the half-opened window.

Bill Clinton, twice. Once at a German-American international relations symposium (sorry, Bill, that I fell asleep!), and another time at a book signing (sorry, Bill, that I bought 5 copies of your book and then just got them signed so that I could mark them up 400% and sell them on eBay!)

And then George Bush once when I played music in a band at a Republican rally of some kind.

When I was a little kid, I shook JFK’s hand while he was campaigning in CA.

I swear to Pete, you oughtta be banned for this. :wink:

Remind me to never shake your hand.

Is that a general request to the world at large? 'Cos if it is, I’ll do the honors.

Hey simster, don’t forget to never shake DrDeth’s hand.

I didn’t get to meet him, but I saw then V.P. George Bush drive by in his limo when he came to town to give a speech at one of the colleges. He had his nose pressed against the glass like a little kid outside a candy store, grinning like a goon and waving.

One of our state reps was my 10th grade French teacher. Does that count?

Why? :confused:

In fact, dudes have asked to shake my hand when they hear this story. :confused:

I think it’s interesting to see how many people have met Clinton. Compared to other presidents.

As has been pointed out, he’s a charismatic fellow who likes meeting people.

Plus, he apparently enjoys a good boob signing.

As a WAG, he’s probably referring to JFK being assassinated some point after the fact.

BTW, arriving at this thread via threadspotting, I was wondering where the typo was. Then I get to the “he took my boob” part, and like the others, didn’t realize that that was the typo at first. My first thought was “wow, he really is that forward”. I then get to the part where he put the book down, and it was at that point where the typo registered in my mind.

I then preceded to stifle my laughter in cubicle for a minute.

And unless I’ve entered a time warp, preceded = proceeded. :smack:

exactly, that and his handle is “Dr Deth”… so, JFK shook his hand…etc… etc…oh well…sorry to interupt…