Have you ever smoked a cigar?

I tried it once when I was 16 and thought it was so cool. Me and 3-4 friends bought one that we took turns smoking on the beach on a warm summer day.

I hated it and felt sick. I guess that my friends felt the same way because we stopped smoking halfway through. No one admitted it of course.

IIRC, it was on the same day when we rode on a busy highway in one of these things.

:rolleyes:

I average one a month, usually in the $5 to $15 range.

I’ve visited (as a guest) Smoke n Guns a few times, a cigar shop, coffee/cigar bar, and gun shop.

Used to in college here and there when I drank. When it was warm out and we would be outside with a mixed drink and a cigar? Just the best. Also great while golfing.
(I was just reminded of a golf outing I have this summer where cigars will surely be on the table!)

I quit smoking 18 years ago. I don’t miss cigarettes at all, but I do miss the cigars.

Foul, abominable things. They stink, they make you stink, they’re dangerous to your health, and I’m feeling nauseous just thinking about them…

Huh, just had one last night for the fist time in a month or so. It’s all about the weather, and I’ll have a few a week in the summer. Outside always! On the golf course, too.

Yes quite a few times and I liked them but not anymore.

But have you ever smoked one?

An amalgamation of the above replies - 1 to 3 a year, only good quality, always outside.

There is not much better than sitting with a couple of buddies at the end of a dock on a pleasant night in San Francisco, after a great meal of fresh cioppino and sour dough bread, smoking a good quality cigar and sipping a nice bourbon.

Yes. When trying to pack in cigarettes 30 something years ago, I tried substituting cigars on the mistaken belief they were less harmful. I smoked them like a cigarette and my lungs didn’t forgive me for years. I went back to cigarettes, which I eventually kicked 24 years ago. The smell of cigars now just make me retch :frowning:

You’re not supposed to smoke them like cigarettes. I probable wouldn’t like pasta if I drank it like a milkshake.

I actually started with cigars, though I bought my first pipe just a few months later. Smoked both for about twenty years; preferred the pipe.

Never could handle cigarettes - nasty things.

Yeah this. I switched to cigars from cigarettes when the government decided to tax them like crazy. Cigars are taxed a lot less. Switched to a pipe around the same time. I would do cigars but not a pipe at work. Still do cigars at the hunting cabin several times a year.

NOW he tells me …:frowning:

So…there it is! Make of it what you will. I won’t ask and you won’t tell. :cool:

Missed that place although I have it bookmarked now. My regular haunt was Pittsburgh Cigar near CCAC North back when the owner was that bald headed mutant who looked like Bull Shannon’s bigger brother. I sure do miss him and his hatred for anything U of Kentucky. :frowning:

A few times at weddings and such. I enjoyed it but I was also a smoker at the time. Since then, I’ve quit smoking so I wouldn’t tempt fate by having a cigar.

If you ever are headed there, House of 1000 Beers is just 15 minutes away.

Nope. Have never smoked anything in my life. This includes cigs, pipes, cigars, and joints. Not even once. Yes, I am a bore. :slight_smile:

I lived in northern Thailand in the 1980s. Specifically, Mae Hong Son province, the country’s northwesternmost province and right on the border with Burma. Burmese cigars came 50 to a pack and cost about a buck a pack or so. I used to sit out on my porch, sipping Thai whiskey and smoking those things.