Have You Ever Turned Down A Raise?

It sounds like someone is either afraid of success or secretly feels that they aren’t worthy of good things happening to them. Why do you think that is?

You really, really should take the raise, Quasi. You deserve it, no matter how you may think you don’t. As you mentioned, you have a need for it. Use it to further yourself.

Is there any reason you can’t still fulfill the requirements. Better late than never, right.

If it’ll make you feel better, take the raise and look at it as an obligation to work an extra hour everyday (unpaid, on your own time) until you’re done.

But, it sounds to me like you’ve earned the raise either way.

~S

I did the “written” part of my agreement the night before my evaluation. It was due last December 31st. I guess I musta been trying to save a little “face”, I don’t know.

Talked to a friend of mine who, like y’all, said I should accept the raise with grace and dignity and resolve to “shine a little brighter” before the next evaluation.

He also said something to me that I had not considered: It would have been taken as very “arrogant” of me to turn down the raise. Tantamouint to a criticism of my boss, as it were.

To conclude, those of us in my job classification recently received some more good news: Seems we are all getting an “across the board” increase of 75 cents an hour to bring us up to thr national average.

Yep. I’m my own worst enemy sometimes. I know this.

Thanks

Quasi