Have you or anyone you know been "Abducted" by other life forms?

My Sims do, all the time (of course, it doesn’t help matters any that I use a cheatcode to force alien abduction), in fact, I’m trying to populate Strangetown with nothing but Aliens and Robots (I have the Robo-Maid custom skin so I can create “robotic” Sims without the need for Open For Business

one of my favorite Sims is a female Asian Alien-Robot-Vampire, (Asian facial structure, with the Elf brow and ears, Alien and Robot genetics) her “primary function” is to “Assimilate” (vampirize) every Sim in Strangetown, and spread the Alien/Robot genome as far as possible…

Man, get Windows.

:slight_smile:

A friend of mine went to visit his girlfriend but showed up two hours late. When she demanded to know where he’d been he told her a story about being kidnapped by aliens.

I don’t think she believed him.

Well, you’ve got to try.

Sounds like you had a religious experience.

It seems like you are describing an unsettling experience, but not claiming that you were an abduction victim. It also seems like you may have considered that of the two possibilities (1: abduction, 2: dream), the most likely one is a dream or some kind of mental disturbance, not a physical action. And that’s entirely logical. If you assign a probability to each possibility, you can pick the one with the highest probability.

Am I right?

CaerieD’s experience sounds like a classic example of a sleep paralysis episode, a subject upon which…the Master speaks!

The idea that intelligent life may exist on some other planet does not seem unreasonable to me.

The idea that intelligent aliens are visiting this planet to stick video cameras up people’s bottoms, oddly enough, does seem unreasonable to me.

It’s pretty much a textbook case of sleep paralysis. I’ve had it before where, rather than seeing alien visitors, I thought a specific person or people were in the room. This is the only episode of sleep paralysis that I recall where what I saw in the midst of the episode was something unnatural. If I hadn’t experienced sleep paralysis before and been familiar with the concept (and if I wasn’t such a very skeptical person), I may have thought it was something else because it did seem completely real.

It was a fairly cool experience to look back on, to have this completely fantastic and bizarre thing happen and for it to seem 100% real and believable while it was happening.

Sorry I haven’t written sooner. I was abducted by aliens and dropped off in the middle of nowhere shortly after - I’ve been trying to deal with the rejection since then.

They’re much more snooty then humans. Damn them.

Aliens are fickle. Did you have your mad money?

This is awesome on so many levels I cannot begin to tell you. I’d like to invite this guy for family dinners just to liven things up.

Wow. Sorry to hear that. Did you get probed and…pixilated?

If you want him, by all means come and get him. I’d love to be able to walk to the laundry room freely at night.

I’m willing to put on a black suit and shades if another doper will. We walk up to him in front of the above laundry room: “Please come with us, Sir.”

Some people believe that all improbable things are equally improbable, which explains the existence of Fate magazine and psychic fairs, where nothing, no matter how wildly improbable, is questioned.

Ugh, the snarky, unnecessary comments on this board are terrible… Do not, in any way whatsoever, encourage creativity, innovation, or progress. Try catering to the question in the thread title instead of using it as a reason to mindlessly argue.

My sister believes in abduction phenomena. She doesn’t profess to know its origins, but finds the most feasible explanation to be the existence of multiple realities - astral planes, etc. - which periodically intersect with our normal, 3D worlds.

There’s creativity, innovation and progress and then there’s just plain vapid and uniformed speculation. I’d place a belief in multiple realities or astral planes squarely towards the latter end of that spectrum.

Nah. I’ll keep a lookout for you and abduct some if they ever come my way.

A dingo once carried away my baby. I think that should count.